A Day in the Life...

Same here

Today I was going to be test riding a couple of new parts....gonna have to delay that now.

Weather%206-4-17_zpsso3hcbqk.jpg

Tomorrow afternoon, Devin and I have some test riding scheduled, but they are calling for more of the same...we'll see, that may get delayed also.

Reckon I'll be doing some maintenance work and catching up on a few things today.

Kevin
Seems like rain on weekends was going not now rain moving across from Lake Erie off and on same old same old...:gah: Rats!

:badmood:We picked up almost an inch of rain Sunday here in southern Illinois.

Looks like it will stay south us today as it moves east.

Ride Safe

Seems like rain on weekends was going not now rain moving across from Lake Erie off and on same old same old...:gah: Rats!

Yep, we got dumped on yesterday. Got a bunch of little stuff done inside.

One thing was-

I've been testing an LED headlight bulb...brighter than the one I've been running in all my bikes for years.

Had to pull it out. It was definitely brighter, but the pattern was not good. I was regularly getting hi-beam flashes from oncoming traffic, even when I was on lo-beam.

Getting ready to put the tried & tested LED bulb back in.

Swapping%20out%20bulbs_zpszhnmww5i.jpg

I always use some dielectric grease on all electrical connections.

Swap%20Dielectric_zpsiip6iqe1.jpg

Kevin

Been a crazy few days, and more to come. But tonight is Beale Street again.

Gonna take a few hours of riding and relaxing before the insane schedule I have tomorrow thru Sunday!

Doing the post I just did on The Dragon, combined with this weeks hectic schedule....

...They remind me of this ride we took thru the Dragon-

Kevin

dragons ail

Been a crazy few days, and more to come. But tonight is Beale Street again.

Gonna take a few hours of riding and relaxing before the insane schedule I have tomorrow thru Sunday!

Doing the post I just did on The Dragon, combined with this weeks hectic schedule....

...They remind me of this ride we took thru the Dragon-

Kevin

what speed were you travelling through the tail

Heading for the Harley Davidson Museum tomorrow and spending Saturday at the Road America road track for the Vintage Motofest at Elkhart Lake WI.

Vintage motorcycles on display and racing on the track.

Should be an interesting weekend.

Ride Safe

I took off of work at 9 a.m. my wife was ready to roll when I got there. We took a ride to Lake Michigan, was a beautiful day for a ride then we spent some time walking along the Lake. Perfect day!!! This is the Cordwalk that leads to the Lake from the parking area.

Lake Mich - Copy.jpg

what speed were you travelling through the tail

I think I averaged 47 mph...maybe got up to 65 or 70 a few times. Most of the curves were at the speed limit x 1.5 to x 2. It can be done much faster on a TG or FW. It was the end of a long day and I thought it was a practice run for the next day...but the next day, there was a few LEO's scattered about, so I took it closer to the speed limit.

Went for a little 175 mile jaunt today - stopped for a pic of ND's latest crop that's popping up everywhere:

View attachment 45759

Very cool!

Heading for the Harley Davidson Museum tomorrow and spending Saturday at the Road America road track for the Vintage Motofest at Elkhart Lake WI.

Vintage motorcycles on display and racing on the track.

Should be an interesting weekend.

Ride Safe

That should be a lot of fun!

I took off of work at 9 a.m. my wife was ready to roll when I got there. We took a ride to Lake Michigan, was a beautiful day for a ride then we spent some time walking along the Lake. Perfect day!!! This is the Cordwalk that leads to the Lake from the parking area.

View attachment 45785

Making memories...priceless!

Kevin

It's been a crazy busy week...and it's not over yet! :)

Here are a few pics from this last Wednesday night on Beale Street.

Parked the TG right across from our table.

Beale%202_zps1gwmvehv.jpg

A look up the street as it is beginning to fill up-

Beale%20street_zpsze7ahwa7.jpg

Saw a few Customers bikes. This Softail is putting out 121 ft. lbs. of torque, if I remember correctly. The gal that rides it has quite a helmet. :)

Customer%20Bike%20Helmet_zpsu4ld45vb.jpg

An old Triumph chop-

Old%20Chopped%20Tri_zpsxgkd3lvf.jpg

Kevin

Yesterday was spent installing some parts for testing....

Then 4 hours of riding :) testing out the parts, and recording data.

Today I should clean the bikes...all 3 are dirty...but I can guarantee you I'm not going to be doing that. lol

Now if there were a bike wash going on nearby...

SunBru2_zps04d35af9.png

...all 3 of them might be clean today. :)

As it is, I will probably spend the rest of the day getting some work done so that next week is a tad less hectic.

Kevin

Yesterday was spent installing some parts for testing....

Then 4 hours of riding :) testing out the parts, and recording data.

Today I should clean the bikes...all 3 are dirty...but I can guarantee you I'm not going to be doing that. lol

Now if there were a bike wash going on nearby...

SunBru2_zps04d35af9.png

...all 3 of them might be clean today. :)

As it is, I will probably spend the rest of the day getting some work done so that next week is a tad less hectic.

Kevin
It is what it is... tuff job but someone has to do it. fred

First thing this morning Mary and I had to run into town for an annual physical and blood test. Not having eaten for 14 hours, Mary and I took her truck.

Very different seeing the road from a cage instead of a bike.

As is typical for Memphis rush hour traffic, we saw two different accidents where tailgaters had run into the car in front of them, slowing traffic to a crawl to get around them.

Here's what the doctor recommended... :)

9e33b9a3a2cf1f4ed53016b0c99ddd7f.jpg

Kevin

First thing this morning Mary and I had to run into town for an annual physical and blood test. Not having eaten for 14 hours, Mary and I took her truck.

Very different seeing the road from a cage instead of a bike.

As is typical for Memphis rush hour traffic, we saw two different accidents where tailgaters had run into the car in front of them, slowing traffic to a crawl to get around them.

Here's what the doctor recommended... :)

9e33b9a3a2cf1f4ed53016b0c99ddd7f.jpg

Kevin

Well you heard him...doctor's orders :p saddle up!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png