Seeking Advice re: Jacking trike to remove front wheel

Apr 3, 2016
columbia, ct usa
I've decided to remove my front wheel to give it a proper polish while I'm waiting for spring to start. I removed the rears and they polished up great and look like chrome. The front wheel now looks even worse! Any pointers on how to jack up the front of the trike to clear the front wheel? Thanks

2015 Tri Glide - Bone stock

You may want to think about taking your wheels to a local body shop and have them clear coated. I hade mine done two years ago and they clean up like new with soap & water. No scrubbing or polishing required. They charge me $125.00 to do all three well worth it in my opinion. As far as jacking up the front I place the jack on the frame tube on the left side as far front as possible. Just check that the jack is not on something it shouldn't be

jacking

I've decided to remove my front wheel to give it a proper polish while I'm waiting for spring to start. I removed the rears and they polished up great and look like chrome. The front wheel now looks even worse! Any pointers on how to jack up the front of the trike to clear the front wheel? Thanks

Your owners manual that came with the bike will tell you exactly where to place the jack for front or back

Mothers power ball

Well any motorcycle jack large enough to lift it will work follow the owners manual recommendations but remember Harley's directions will not keep the rear off the ground. need Trike jack or bottle jacks under each side as well. I have never removed the front wheel to polish it. Long stem Mothers powerball and Zephr Pro 40 polish and mine look like chrome (well almost). The Harbor freight roller is on my fathers day wish list solves moving in the garage.:drinks: clean carefully Fred

Attachments

• DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC00125.JPG
    DSC00125.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 229

If you are planning on other projects I would suggest a Lift from J&S......I really like mine!

JS Lift small.jpg

I use a product called Clear Seal from Zaino to coat my wheels after polishing once a year.

http://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-CS.html

I clean off the brake dust / grime with Armor-all ammonia free window cleaner with a hot water rinse.

There are many sealants on the market .... F11 Topcoat, quartz treatments, etc.

I also am very glad I purchased a J&S trike jack. :D

I also have a set of Rhino ramps and they have served me well for many, many years.

Knowing how "touchy" electric reverse is ... I would not feel comfortable using it on ramps.

Bob :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png