Heim Joint question

KKILASER

Aug 26, 2015
Gilbert,AZ
Hello everybody,

I do pre ride inspections every time I ride and over and over I ignored the fact that that the heim joints were not facing up and down. I installed the kit as it came, with the heim joints and jam nuts screwed tight against the frame. I called MTC and they told me I need to fix the heim joints to avoid trouble. This was my mistake. I will probably have to unscrew the heim joints a full turn to keep them even. The question is has anyone had to unscrew the heim joints that far to get them even and facing straight up and down and are both heim joints right hand threads.

Thanks,

Don

:D

Nevermind, called MTC back and talked to one of the lead mechanics that set me straight about the heim joint. Wondered if anyone else has a heim joint that is slightly cocked to one side.

Don

I'm 62 years old and thought I knew everything there is to know, but I don't know what a "heim joint" is. Please explain so this old fart can't understand.

EDIT; Never mind, I Googled it. Just never new the proper name for that joint. Both mine are pretty straight, but I suspect the reason they use this joint is because not all of the frames at this point are perfectly straight from bike to bike. Just my Opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png