Using Auto Ramps

I have a old pair of steel ramps. There 12" rise.

Same difference, just different height and material.

Works fine to me :clapping:

I have a set of RhinoRamps I got at Pep Boys......worked well for installing rear bumper and hitch. Only get about 6.5" additional height out of them but made it easier to access the work underneath. ThumbUp

Thinking I could drive up on them. Thanks Doc

I use a pair of 9" rise Rhino Ramps on the rear wheels only. The front wheel is blocked under a 2 x 6.

Make sure you are riding up the ramp, not backing up the ramp. The trick with these lightweight ramps is to make sure the starting points of the ramps are firmly tucked under the front of the rear wheels. Otherwise, the ramps may start to slide as you ascend.

I also raise the trike suspension to its highest setting. (If your trike setup has this capability).

The lower front part of the fenders will just barely clear the ramp during the ascent, so keep this in mind.

I have not tried to ride up using three ramps on the trike yet.

I use a pair of 9" rise Rhino Ramps on the rear wheels only. The front wheel is blocked under a 2 x 6.

Make sure you are riding up the ramp, not backing up the ramp. The trick with these lightweight ramps is to make sure the starting points of the ramps are firmly tucked under the front of the rear wheels. Otherwise, the ramps may start to slide as you ascend.

I also raise the trike suspension to its highest setting. (If your trike setup has this capability).

The lower front part of the fenders will just barely clear the ramp during the ascent, so keep this in mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I can use my M/C lift to raise the front, Thanks for the Tips. Doc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I can use my M/C lift to raise the front, Thanks for the Tips. Doc

That will work! I have done that when I need to work on the front end of the trike.

Just be sure to chock the rear wheels real good.ThumbUp

http://www.harborfreight.com/magnum-16000-auto-ramp-set-with-built-in-safety-chock-67722.html

With limited room in my garage I was thinking these would work well to raise my Tri of the ground. Has anyone used these or similar ? Thanks Doc

I have this set. They work well for me. I use a floor jack to raise the rear end and put the ramps under the wheels.

When finished, I put it in neutral and give it a little push back and walk back with my hand feathering the front brake (trike off).

I drove my trike up on the same type of ramps. I also used a metal ramp for the front wheel. I drove it up all 3 and I will not do that again. It sure made it easy to get under the trike. Jim

Why not drive up on all three again?

You said it made it easier to get under the trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png