front wheel

G

gerald martin

Just to let everyone know.

I put a 2012 street glide front wheel on my 2015 freewheeler. The freewheeler tire size is 130/60-19 and the center of the axle is 12 and 1/2 inches from the ground

The street glide tire size is 130/70-18 and the center of the axle is 12 inches from the ground.

The street glide fits perfectly with no modifications whatsoever, spacers are the same, bearings are the same. I just took it off the street glide and put it on the freewheeler.

The street glide tire is a little wider and looks a lot better. with the tire being a little shorter it changes the rake a tiny bit. the steering is quicker and the ride seems smoother. Also it seems to corner smoother. Another thing is now I can go with the new Avon trike tire which they say lasts longer.

A word of caution though if you do this modification make sure the street glide wheel does not have the ABS bearings if it does you have to put in the regular bearings

Did it lower the front end a bit? If so I would imagine that it raised the rear of the exhaust a bit.

I never thought to check the rear muffler height as I have never had a problem with scraping but It lowered the front by 1/2 inch. The trike is about 8 feet long so I would imagine the rear end would be raised about 2 inches over that length. I got that number from taking a 2x4 when level and dropping one end 1/2 inch. I did it quickly so I could be a little out

The way I see it is if you lowered the front 1/2 inch and you are about 6 feet from the rear axle you're bike would go up in the rear 1/2 inch 6 foot behind the rear axle. The axle is the fulcrum, If it's 1/2 inch at 5 feet then you're down 1/4 inch at 2 and 1/2 feet. I would guess you rear is up MAYBE a 1/4 inch.

The way I see it is if you lowered the front 1/2 inch and you are about 6 feet from the rear axle you're bike would go up in the rear 1/2 inch 6 foot behind the rear axle. The axle is the fulcrum, If it's 1/2 inch at 5 feet then you're down 1/4 inch at 2 and 1/2 feet. I would guess you rear is up MAYBE a 1/4 inch.

You could be right. as I said I never measured before or after and I might have not done the 2x4 measurement right, but it steers way easier (or so it seems) looks better and the tire options are greater so I am very happy with it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png