• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

I can't ride my Stallion in Canada

Just out of curiosity, I wonder who is behind this law that bands preassembled U.S. trikes in Canada. It did not come from outer space. Someone is behind this law. Who and why? :confused:

Often it is special interest groups. That could lead us for example to the Cam-Am folks or Lehman trikes. I would sure would be disappointed if it was them that were doing dirty politics behind the scenes to hurt competition from U.S. companies. We have enough corrupt politicians, etc., here in the U.S. Almost all our problems are caused by so called public servants and their insatiable appetite for money and power. :mad:

lol at "tf"
switchback...amen brudder!!!!!
so far, no answer to any of my questions to them.
I am sure both companies mentioned have a vested interest in keeping US trikes out of the country but how did they succeed where sooooo many have failed???
I would think that would mean a fist full of cash invested in a few select politicians.
Please join my group on FaceBook at

CALLING ALL CANADIAN/AMERICAN MOTORCYCLISTS...WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

and lets see if we can get enough numbers to make them answer to a higher power....the people of North America!!!!!
I am also in contact with the "VTwin Mama" site and am trying to pass the word and get people from all over to sign on.

I don't know if they could shed any light on the problems your having, but maybe it would be worth a shot to call Dave & RuthAnn Hannigan @ Hannigan Motorsports. They started out in Toronto but then moved the business to Kentucky in the States......tis

WOW V's Stallion, that is just incredible. I knew that they were reviewing the Stallion, but had heard the out come. Has anyone contacted Jeff Vey owner of TBMS to see if they are doing anything? These government agencies can be a pain, but I don't understand that one. The Can-Am Spyder is okay because it is built in Canada but a Stallion is not because it is built in the United States. I guess that means that the Harley Tri-Glides are also not allowed? I wonder what Harley thinks of that?

What Harley thinks? With all their power and influence? You are forgetting that Harley sells new bikes that have that pink San Francisco sound that requires their owners to spend another $1000.00+ to make it sound like a Harley instead of an enemic Moped. I am on their advisory committee and I constantly rub salt in their wound on this matter. They must like hearing it because they keep me.

Some Canadian politician has been greased by Canadian companies to stop any competition! If I was a Canadian trike company, I'd pay to have the US companies banned. If I was a jerk. jimsjinx:no:

tis...thank you ..i will check out the Hannigan site and what they know.
carbon one...thank you for tri-wing as well (my son is karbon13 lol)
Doc and Jim...I do believe Jim is on the right track..I think that Canadian Trike companies got in there early on, when they were making the laws of TRIKES and insisted on NO COMPETITION FROM THE U.S.
By the sounds of things from TBS, they have enough work on thier hands filling American orders, they have no time or energy to bring an assembly plant to Canada... :(

Hello gents, perhaps I can help. In the interest of disclosure, I work for Lehman Trikes and we've worked through Canadian admissibility quite a lot over the years. Please excuse the delayed response as I do not frequent the forums regularly.

There are strict requirements for testing and documentation that must be provided to Transport Canada by the manufacturer. Sometimes products will not meet these requirements, other times it may be that the manufacturer does not have or wish to provide the necessary documentation/test data. This is the process necessary in order to have a product listed on Canada's RIV Admissible Vehicle list which clearly indicates vehicles which may be imported into Canada.

For the purposes of importation into Canada, my advice is to avoid any vehicle that does not appear on the RIV list of admissible vehicles.

Here's the link:
http://www.riv.ca/vehicleadmissibility.aspx

As Lehman Trikes has been based in South Dakota since 2004, I'll assure everyone that we share the same challenges as other US trike manufacturers. There's no government conspiracy on our part :)

Last edited:
Lehman - Thanks for joining us here at Trike Talk and for the advice and link for the Canadian RIV list.

Hey Lehman, Welcome to TrikeTalk. Glad to have your input here!

Welcome Lehman Trikes and thanks for lending your knowledge. I looked at the RIV list and it still isnt clear to me whether converted bikes to trikes are allowed into Canada. So are Harleys and Hondas that are converted with an aftermarket kit such as yours allowed for import or does it have to be a factory built like the TriGlides?

Zook

Hello gents, perhaps I can help. In the interest of disclosure, I work for Lehman Trikes and we've worked through Canadian admissibility quite a lot over the years. Please excuse the delayed response as I do not frequent the forums regularly.

There are strict requirements for testing and documentation that must be provided to Transport Canada by the manufacturer. Sometimes products will not meet these requirements, other times it may be that the manufacturer does not have or wish to provide the necessary documentation/test data. This is the process necessary in order to have a product listed on Canada's RIV Admissible Vehicle list which clearly indicates vehicles which may be imported into Canada.

For the purposes of importation into Canada, my advice is to avoid any vehicle that does not appear on the RIV list of admissible vehicles.

Here's the link:
Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Vehicle Admissibility

As Lehman Trikes has been based in South Dakota since 2004, I'll assure everyone that we share the same challenges as other US trike manufacturers. There's no government conspiracy on our part :)

Thank you for stopping by and joining us. Please if possible stop by more. We need your professional input many times. Some times just to defend your product. I like to hear both sides of the story.

Read the article UltraBoy did on your GW conversion that Renee test rode. Very good reading.

I have been across the border more than once and had not really planned to return, but if I do....they surely will let me slip in. I have LEHMAN scripted right across the rear of my kitted Ultra. Lehman (being a Canadian based firm) may be okay.

This is what you get when the inmates run the asylum. The folks out on the left coast are legislating what type of light-bulb is legal, but you can ride through many of those small towns and get high on the second-hand weed smoke and nobody seems to care.

An ATV is street legal in Montana for goodness sakes! I hope this crap does not migrate too far south and east until I am gone.

ATV`s are street legal here in Arizona as well...IF they have the proper lighting and licensed.

OMG...I have recently discovered the coolest new Trike from Thoroughbred Motor Sports in the USA.
Their TRIKES are for the AGING, HANDICAPPED, LESS ABLE as well as ALL trike lovers of ALL ages!
I even have one...lol...but I can't ride it on our Canadian highways!
:(
TRANSPORT CANADA has decided in their infinite wisdom to disallow TRIKES of any kind in their assembled state as an Import to Canada ,regardless if it meets height and safety requirements!::confused:
They will allow all other makes of Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks, Semi-Trucks, Boats and any and all other vehicles you can name but not assembled Trikes!
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANYTHING MORE ABSURD??:mad:

As you all know, the Thoroughbred Stallion is the most absolute fun in riding and traveling that you can find on 2, 3 or 4 wheels.
It not only has a steering wheel, it also a Ford Fusion Engine and Automatic Transmission, air ride, adjustable brake and throttle control, tilt steering column, cruise control, heat and air-conditioning, 7cu ft of cargo trunk space etc. etc. etc.
I could go on forever with this Trike and how it could change my life.:cool:

No Canadians are allowed to have one of these incredible machines and unless someone buys the franchise, sets up an assembly plant, imports the parts and assembles them here in Canada ...we are :censored: out of luck!:p
If that is even possible? :banghead:

I have mine because it was in an accident in British Columbia, Canada and needed repairs and was subsequently left here in Canada.
Thanks to my incredibly talented husband, I now have a fully functional Trike that needs a little fiberglass repair.:woohoo::yourock:
Not that it matters at this point because I will probably have to sell it back to the U.S.A on eBay or something.
The thought of that just breaks my heart!!!:(
If you had one in your driveway like i do, you would understand my angst.

Anyway, thanks for listening to the ranting of this Aging, Disabled Lady Rider and please take the time to Join my Group " CALLING ALL CANADIAN/AMERICAN MOTORCYCLISTS...WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! " and post/share it on your FaceBook if you believe that this is AN INCREDIBLY STUPID LAW and that it should be changed and changed very soon....V (", :banghead:
I suggest you get in contact with BC Boss Hoss, its a dealer that sells Boss Hoss motorcycle and trike and I don't think he gets those trike unassambled.

Good Luck
Old_Nomad

B C Boss Hoss
# 201-982 Camosun Cres
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada V2C 6G2
Phone: 250-377-1221 250-377-1221
Fax: 250-571-1222
BC Boss Hoss Motorcycles : Kamloops British Columbia
ernie@bcbosshoss.com

Mattel, I believe it pertains to owning one in Canada not riding in, thru and out of Canada.

USA'ers can still drive in Canada on their Stallions because they are licensed and registered in USA.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png