Rear Wheel Center Cover

Reaction score
Had the Freewheeler out riding yesterday and noticed when we got home that the rear wheel center cover was gone. I have not been able to locate this in the HD parts catalog. Does anyone have a part number for it or know exactly what HD calls it? :confused:

Had the Freewheeler out riding yesterday and noticed when we got home that the rear wheel center cover was gone. I have not been able to locate this in the HD parts catalog. Does anyone have a part number for it or know exactly what HD calls it? :confused:

If this helps.....On my 11 Tri....

Center Cap Assembly...Rear...#83385-09.....

I took mine off to paint the wheels , And it was one heck of a job to remove them, Harley uses a dry yellow lock-tight, They probably forgot to put it on yours....:Shrug:

Just to add when you take the wheel off watch for the large center washer and bolt , That will still be in there rattling around...

If this helps.....On my 11 Tri....

Center Cap Assembly...Rear...#83385-09.....

I took mine off to paint the wheels , And it was one heck of a job to remove them, Harley uses a dry yellow lock-tight, They probably forgot to put it on yours....:Shrug:

Just to add when you take the wheel off watch for the large center washer and bolt , That will still be in there rattling around...

Can't edit/add....so i'll post this... Go to the other rear wheel and with your fingers tap on the cap to make sure that one isn't loose... They can only be tighten wheel off from the inside...

Better be on different days - 2 beers in one night and someone will have to carry me home and put me to bed...

caps

This little gizmo you were looking for:

View attachment 45205

Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you these. Use one, and send the other one to the next person that needs one. You'll owe me a beer the next time you see me...

I lost one of mine cost me $110.00 Canadian Now I lost the other one so I am looking for something else

I lost one of mine cost me $110.00 Canadian Now I lost the other one so I am looking for something else

Wow, I would have thought plastic caps were half the cost of the heavy aluminum ones Which are 50 dollars per wheel...And if only the center cap was needed 22 dollars a wheel... Go figure...:Shrug:

Bev, package is on way, USPS. From ND to SD shouldn't be more than a month.

Post office may have something to say to you when it arrives. You'll see what I mean. I did what I could with what I had... :xzqxz:

Thanks frostbite51! I didn't realize you were in Dickinson! We don't live that far apart....I will buy you beerS when I meet you!

Thanks everyone and thanks Ron! Beers are on me when we meet. I sent you a PM!

Hey, Ron, noticed she lives in SD....ya want me to collect those beers for ya while I'm in Sturgis. :Shrug: Just trying to help. ;)

8~\o

Hey, Ron, noticed she lives in SD....ya want me to collect those beers for ya while I'm in Sturgis. :Shrug: Just trying to help. ;)

8~\o

I'll be there too - look for me. I'm the one with gray hair and a beard... :laugh:

Thank you frostbite51

Got the parts frostbite51....many thanks! Post office didn't even question who Bev Moonstar was....:laugh: Now to clean it up and put them on!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png