Changes to the Stallion or New Aftermarket Parts?

Jul 6, 2008
Charlotte, NC
New Injection Molded Body Panels:
Say good-by to the slick hand laid fiberglass panels of the Stallions! I was talking to JD at Wing-Ding in SC, and he indicated the production lead times were approaching 9 months and would be closing in on a year if TBMS does not change over to injection molded body panels, or find another way to reduce the production time for their trikes. JD said it will be about 60lbs lighter, but the trade off is it will have more seams. It should probably improve the gas millage, and it will allow them to produce more in less time. I was amazed how ridged the body was, and how beefy the frame and other components were. I look forward to seeing how this change impacts the appearance of this model.

They told me that was also the reason for the price jump to $31,000 this year.

Other aftermarket parts in design

I have been doing some research, and here is a list of some of the parts I know are out there in production. If you know of any that are avalible for the Stallion please post some information.

1. Factory aftermarket parts: Dash board, and other covering Carpets, Factory head rest that mounts to the roll bar, with and without a pocket, Rubber mats, Stallion cover. I believe all these are avalible from your dealer.

2. Frank's Trikes: After speaking with someone on the phone, he informed me they are in the process of producing: Duel Exhaust (all show, he indicated it would not increase the performance), Rear LED spoiler (I can't wait to see this one, I hope it has super bright lED lights like the SOMA system).

3. SouthWest Trikes: ON their website they have: Head rest that mounts to the roll bar, assorted pockets that mount around the inside of the trike. They said they were working on a Cabin type cover that will cover portions of the Stallion when you are out and about, mainly the drivers area ( I can't wait to see these pictures):eek:

Well I got the head lights replaced last night. There is an improvement but not enough to warrant the swap out. So I will order another set and try those. I will find us a replacement but it looks like it maybe more trial and error then I had planned.

I had to do a m***ive headlight adjustment to get them down so much I was concerned I would back the adjustment bolt out.

Hang in there everyone I don’t give up easily. (It was very brisk this morning at 38. That was a major waah compared to the high 50’s)

Well I got the head lights replaced last night. There is an improvement but not enough to warrant the swap out. So I will order another set and try those. I will find us a replacement but it looks like it maybe more trial and error then I had planned.

I had to do a m***ive headlight adjustment to get them down so much I was concerned I would back the adjustment bolt out.

Hang in there everyone I don’t give up easily. (It was very brisk this morning at 38. That was a major waah compared to the high 50’s)

Ben,
Be careful when you are adjusting your headlight. Be sure if you adjust it you open the hood slowly just incase the lights come in contact with the tire. On the new headlights the wiring harness connnectores have a "L" that faces down twords the tires and if you adjust them too much they may come into contact with the tire. Note this is only for the new wiring harness.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png