HD Cool Flow Fan

sjambok

Mar 1, 2016
Marietta, GA USA
I am picking up my 2017 Tri Glide tomorrow. I had a Freewheeler for a while. The Freewheeler and my two other 103 bikes were equipped with Ward's Werks fans. I was satisfied with the cooling performance of the WW fans but not much of a fan of the appearance. I felt that additional cooling was necessary on the 103 bikes. I am considering equipping the TG with the HD Cool Flow fan. I am wondering if additional cooling is as important on the 107 as it seems to have been on the 103 bikes. I ride my bikes year round in North Georgia. Your comments will be appreciated sincerely. Thank you.

Get Love Jugs

I am picking up my 2017 Tri Glide tomorrow. I had a Freewheeler for a while. The Freewheeler and my two other 103 bikes were equipped with Ward's Werks fans. I was satisfied with the cooling performance of the WW fans but not much of a fan of the appearance. I felt that additional cooling was necessary on the 103 bikes. I am considering equipping the TG with the HD Cool Flow fan. I am wondering if additional cooling is as important on the 107 as it seems to have been on the 103 bikes. I ride my bikes year round in North Georgia. Your comments will be appreciated sincerely. Thank you.

My buddy and I installed cool master love jugs on are 2013 trig ides. I noticed huge difference in engine temp especially when the city at lower speeds and stop and go traffic.Worth every penny and easy to install.Look for other comments on this site about this product

HD Cool Flow Fan vs. Love Jugs Cool-Master Fans

sjambok, From what I have heard from others that have purchased the HD brand Cool Flow fan for their trikes was that they did not appear to be very effective in reducing felt heat for the passenger which is their primary intended purpose. Looking at the design, it does not appear to be designed much for overall engine cooling. OTOH, the Love Jugs Cool-Master fans are designed specifically to reduce front and rear cylinder temps and I suspect are most effective in parade situations and secondarily in all other configurations. I have a set of LJ Cool-Fans on my 2017 Tri Glide and really feel that they are effective in blowing a significant amount of air across those big M8 jugs. I don't think that they were designed with the intention of keeping our passengers more comfortable but lowering the jug temperatures may coincidentally have some of that effect for passengers?

Congrats on your New Ride!!!

The 2017's do not have as much felt heat as the Twin Cams, however, they do still have a heat issue in regards to performance and accelerated wear and tear.

The HD fan is designed to reduce felt heat, but does not do much in regards to reducing actual heat of the engine for best performance and longevity.

HERE is more info on the heat issues and what can be done about it.

HERE is a little more specific info regarding the M8....scroll down to near the bottom for the info on heat.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png