Boom Box Question ?

Reaction score
Forgive a stupid question, but is there any way to run the navigation system on the Boom Box system without having the radio on :confused:. I know the radio can be muted but was curious if you could somehow shut it off.

Muting mutes everything. The only option I know is to turn the volume down on the audio source. You will now only hear the GPS directions.

Bob :Dorag:

Thanks Bob, I was aware of the mute button cancelling all audio. Just seems like a poor design to have no method of running radio or nav system separately.....:Shrug: I seldom use both but use one or the other all the time.

Radio volume

You can't turn radio but you can adjust volume on NAV to hear it over the radio...I think the radio goes mute while the NAV is telling you where to go:)...I did mine but forgot how. Dave

When the NAV is giving directions, just use the volume switch to turn it up or down, it won't affect the radio level.

For how proud HD was / is of the Boombox / Nav system it really basically sucks. The time it takes for the Nav to Find you and then the occasional voice prompt not working and next you hear is "recalculating", is annoying. Can't use the Nav system without the radio and let's face it.....the speakers suck. I mean how can that be? They put a sound system on a motorcycle that you can barely hear.....

My simple solution was a helmet with a headset. I can hear everything now, and if I turn the volume down, all I hear is the nav system. As far the speed, etc I find it no worse than the GPS in my car or on my phone. But then, I'm half deaf anyway.

For how proud HD was / is of the Boombox / Nav system it really basically sucks. The time it takes for the Nav to Find you and then the occasional voice prompt not working and next you hear is "recalculating", is annoying. Can't use the Nav system without the radio and let's face it.....the speakers suck. I mean how can that be? They put a sound system on a motorcycle that you can barely hear.....

I don't know what model/year Harley you're talking about, but the stock sound is more then adequate for around town riding - not so much for high speed highway riding(it's OK at 60 ~ 65mph). That's where I do 50% of my riding so I installed the Boom Stage 1 upgrade - that was fine, but I'm a music fanatic so I needed more so I decided on going to the Boom Stage 2 system. Now I can hear my music plain as day at 70 ~ 80mph even with ear plugs in - as a matter of fact, you can hear the music better with the plugs in because they block all the wind noise.

Most riders here don't care about the radio or GPS as you can tell from the posts. So whether the infotainment system sucks or not, doesn't matter to most.

I don't know of any stock bike that has great speakers right out of the box.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png