New front tire

Oct 14, 2014
murray.ky usa
I have a 08 RSV/Hannigan kit and in need of a new front tire and was wondering if anyone was using the Avon trike tire that is made for the Harley. Cross referencing says it is almost the same size as the original tire. When I had my Goldwing trike I used one of the "trike tires " on it and liked the way it performed, but only got about 10k out of it.When I got this trike it had the original Dunlop 404 with 10k miles and was worn out but had worn very well, so I decided to try a 404 rear thinking it would last longer with the deeper tread. Now at 20k the tire is cupped badly and needs replacing. So I'm asking for some opinions on front tires! The Harley 'trike tire' is bias ply and 9/32 instead of radial 6/32 like the one for the Goldwing, so it might last longer. All opinions are appreciated!

I have a 08 RSV/Hannigan kit and in need of a new front tire and was wondering if anyone was using the Avon trike tire that is made for the Harley. Cross referencing says it is almost the same size as the original tire. When I had my Goldwing trike I used one of the "trike tires " on it and liked the way it performed, but only got about 10k out of it.When I got this trike it had the original Dunlop 404 with 10k miles and was worn out but had worn very well, so I decided to try a 404 rear thinking it would last longer with the deeper tread. Now at 20k the tire is cupped badly and needs replacing. So I'm asking for some opinions on front tires! The Harley 'trike tire' is bias ply and 9/32 instead of radial 6/32 like the one for the Goldwing, so it might last longer. All opinions are appreciated!

If you got 20,000 miles of good service out of the D404, why do you want to change to another tire? :xzqxz:

The D404 is inexpensive and preforms well.:)

Ride Safe & God bless

If you got 20,000 miles of good service out of the D404, why do you want to change to another tire? :xzqxz:

The D404 is inexpensive and preforms well.:)

Ride Safe & God bless

I like the way it rides and it is inexpensive, but the 2nd one that I put on cupped really bad. It started cupping at about 3k and has worn very uneven and is very noisy! The only difference between the two is that one was a front tire and the other is a rear tire.

I'm just looking for other options.

I like the way it rides and it is inexpensive, but the 2nd one that I put on cupped really bad. It started cupping at about 3k and has worn very uneven and is very noisy! The only difference between the two is that one was a front tire and the other is a rear tire.

I'm just looking for other options.

I am using a D404 Rear Tire in a reverse rotation. I check the air pressure regularly, keeping it at 42 lbs. Present tire has 20,000 mile with no cupping.

I heard good things about the Avon Trike Tire. However, my dealer said they couldn't get it in the size I need.

I ran a Metzler 880 for over 20000 miles. I could have run another season, but it was 4 years old and starting to dry out. Keep in mind my RSV is mated up to a Motortrike with no rake. I change over to a metzler 888 this year.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png