How many miles on your Triglide?

I am retired. We did a big trip last year from Victoria Australia up to Queensland and went for a month so clocked up few kms.

I have just got my licence back from a 3 months suspension for speeding. So nice to be riding again. I was riding at 85kmph and had just rocked into a 60km zone without realising it and a bloody speed camera snapped me. automatics suspension. I have been driving for over 39 years and its never happened before.

But, shit happens, hey. Back on the trike now.

Sounds almost like me - except for the retired part. :) Soon though - a month or 2.

Kevin- that's the color I had the dealer put a hold on for the TG I was going to buy last month. Retirement plans stopped that. :(

Shocks should be here today. Can't wait to get them installed.

Sure is a beautiful color - it REALLY POPS. Love brand new paint. :)

Sounds almost like me - except for the retired part. :) Soon though - a month or 2.

Kevin- that's the color I had the dealer put a hold on for the TG I was going to buy last month. Retirement plans stopped that. :(

Shocks should be here today. Can't wait to get them installed.

Sure is a beautiful color - it REALLY POPS. Love brand new paint. :)

Yeah, I like the color.

I believe you're really going to like those shocks. I know you like to ride the twisties and you're going to find these shocks keep it very flat in the curves.

Kevin

My 2018 TG has almost 19k and going strong.
icon14.png

Still only 59 miles on my '19.

Got it all apart still from doing the Ceramic Coating.

During%20CC%202.jpg

Planning on getting it put back together this weekend, with a few mods. Then off it goes for handlebar installation next week.

Finally, week after next I'll be able to start putting some miles on it. :)

Kevin

Kevin, would love your opinion on the ceramic coating after you have riden and washed it a few times.

I find the subject of miles on your trikes , fascinating .

When I started looking at HD's some years ago I was surprised how many had so few miles on them . It didn't seem to matter how old or new . They just had so few miles .

They did however have lot's of shiny bits and all had some sort of kit to upgrade the power . I walked away from all that had engine mod's , and was not interested in paying for shiny stuff that had no value to me and added none to the machine.

When I finally came upon a 2004 Road King Custom , that was stock except for the rear pipes . I bought it only after the stock pipes were put back on.( wish now that I had kept it and turned it into a trike)

What I am seeing on this forum is still shiny bit's and most have some sort of motor work , BUT I am seeing miles ridden and I like that. My back round in motorcycles spans the spectrum , but there were more BMW's and Triumphs than anything else, and they all were seriously ridden high miles, most had only mod's for comfort.

I'll keep on looking for just the right trike for me , and hopefully I'll find one with a stock motor and few shiny bits:cool:

Hi Douglas;

Welcome to TrikeTalk!

Back in the late 40s and early 50s my grandpa headed up the BMW/Triumph

club in south FL (he worked for eastern airlines out of Miami. He once told me these were the only two makes around that were dependable (he didnt trust indians and harleys leaked too much oil he said...LOL) He rode a BMW most of the time I believe

There's plenty of trikes around, I see more unmodified trikes than other Harleys, maybe couple pieces of chrome or at worst some slip ons. There'll be one for you.

My '10 TG has 118,000 miles. Engine rebuilt under warranty at 85k. Finally goes off warranty in 1 month. Scheduled to go into HD for one last service visit in 1 week.

The rebuilt engine only lasted another 50k and now that it is off warranty, I paid someone other than the evil clowns at HD to replace with new engine from end of 103 line. Looks like they ended in a good note. 9000 trouble free miles. Bringing grand total to 145,000 miles. Just had service done in Tucson. Completely trouble free ride out here.

The rebuilt engine only lasted another 50k and now that it is off warranty, I paid someone other than the evil clowns at HD to replace with new engine from end of 103 line. Looks like they ended in a good note. 9000 trouble free miles. Bringing grand total to 145,000 miles. Just had service done in Tucson. Completely trouble free ride out here.

I always look forward to your mileage updates. :)

Now dat be some serious miles .:clapping:

Passed the 150,000 mile mark the other day on the ‘10 TG. About 14k trouble free miles on new engine. I celebrated by giving it a rest this week and have been taking the 2-wheeler to the office. That one only has 129,000 miles on it (‘04 FLH).

101,888 miles

What's your secret for getting that many miles on a Triglide? What oil do you use?

How often do you change it?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png