Rear Fender Protection

Eveready

Sep 1, 2010
Rockwall, Texas
I have a CSC on a Wing and need help. Does anyone have a fix for rock chips on the front of the rear fenders. Does adding a front fender lower extension help.

The Wife and I are awaiting the Champion kit to convert our 1800 wing. I was recently thinking about the same thing. Should I get some sort of protection for the front or back of the fenders? Look forward to seeing possible resolutions.

Google Line-X for your area.
Actually, bed liner "stuff". However, Line-X now has this coating available w/a smooth finish and can color match. Material has Kevlar in it and is advertised to be very "tuff".
I have 3M clear stongard film on several of the exposed areas(not just the fenders) and will be converting to the Line-X material as soon as riding season is over in Indiana.

tfdeputydawg - How has the 3M clear stongard film worked?

As far as protecting - Great
However, I have several pieces that are not fully "attached" re, bubbles, edges not adhering and "crinkling".
The installer believes the extreme temps and humidity was the cause of these defects and does intend to redo the application.
I have looked at several other trikes and those defects are not present on those trikes.
However, now that I've decided to do the Line-X process, not sure I'll have that done or just ask for a refund?

I have a CSC on a Wing and need help. Does anyone have a fix for rock chips on the front of the rear fenders. Does adding a front fender lower extension help.

I have black fenders so I went to my local boat canvas shop and they made fender bra's much like the MotorTrike conversions have. They have worked great for me.

I have black fenders so I went to my local boat canvas shop and they made fender bra's much like the MotorTrike conversions have. They have worked great for me.

Yep, a coupla' Upholstery Shops here have had me bring my Motor Trike by so They could get an idea what Their Customers were talkin' about after seein' mine. I saw a set over the weekend that one of Them did....NICE...:wtg:

I have the 3M film on the front of the fenders, and it has done a great job! They got it applied smoothly and firmly, so it is difficult to even tell it is there, but it has saved me from paint chips many times!

Google Line-X for your area.
Actually, bed liner "stuff". However, Line-X now has this coating available w/a smooth finish and can color match. Material has Kevlar in it and is advertised to be very "tuff".
I have 3M clear stongard film on several of the exposed areas(not just the fenders) and will be converting to the Line-X material as soon as riding season is over in Indiana.

Where do you get Line X or 3M Clear Stongard film?

Where do you get Line X or 3M Clear Stongard film?

Ziebart applied mine (and did an amazing job despite the curves and shapes they were dealing with on the trike!). I have also been told by others that any window tinting place will do it for you too. It isn't easy to apply smoothly! I for one would rather pay one of them to do it right than be unhappy with it --- because I know I would have a difficult time getting it right on my own!!!

Hi! 3M makes a film that we had put on our sons G2 Porsche for the rocks. There is an installer in Columbus Ga., but I know they are all over the place. It is not a DIY project, but COULD be done if you are fastidious and have a dust free place to do it. It works every bit as well as advertised,to. It is nearly invisible, and plenty thick to offer good protection. I'll try to find the trade name, but I know it's a high end,3M product. jimsjinx

Thanks for the tips and website, does the front fender extension help?

Helps on the front cowl.
Didn't do much for the front of the floor boards! Didn't think to have the Stonegard applied there and they are chipped already:mad:
Will have them repaired and covered as soon as I decide on having the Line-X applied or not.

Last edited:
I had the 3M film applied by Champion as part of my kit. It is super durable and practically invisible. I was afraid it would scratch easily and be unsightly after a while but it still looks like new. You can order the 3M from Champion but I'd have a window tint shop install it.

The triglide we just sold had the 3-m fender protection on it and I am going to voice in the other direction.

Even though it was applied well with no bubbles it still distracts from a nice paint job.
Also it is softer than well cured clearcoat and every time you bumpd it with your foot it left a mark on the 3-m paroduct that I think would have not shown up on clearcoat.

If I had it to do over again I would have just bought the fender bras.

Have an 03 GL / CSC & Stonegard seems to do fine on the front of the rear fenders. But now, being 6 years old, it is showing a distict 'line' at the edges. I might consider the 'bra' approach. Paint is so freekin' delicate, you know!

Bought the clear fender protection kit from Harley. Prevents chips but scuffs too easy and can"t remove. Have the new HD fender bras but haven't installed yet. Not sure of the looks.

For actual rock chips go to your local beauty shop & get some finger nail polish & ever so slowly put it on the chip.Works real good If you are VERY CAREFULand PATIENT

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png