Ground Effects You Can Stand On

Reaction score
In your honest opinion, are ground effects you can stand on an important item? I tip the scales at 325 lbs. and am concerned about the fiberglass on a CSC. I know the Aqua Shields aren't made to stand on. I also know that Motor Trike and Hannigan say theirs are made to stand on. These are the three manufacturers I am looking at. I would also look at Roadsmith if an installer was close as I understand theirs can be stood on as well. What do you guys think?

James I have a MOTOR TRIKE with them on it.I have stood on them ,but not often.I bought them because I like the look.Standing on them did not hurt anything tho.This may not help you much.RIDE SAFE

Check on the weight limits!
It was important to me as I have removed the rider pegs. I now am more comfortable w/room to move my feet around

We have the ground effects on our 1500 Motor Trike and stand on them all the time.
The wife uses them to step on to back onto the passenger seat.
We didn't get them because we wanted stand on them, we got them because we liked the looks of them and they finish off the trikes looks.
We wouldn't have a trike without them, but that is just our opinon
I also have taken the foot pegs off for a more comfortable ride

I agree about the looks. I want ground effects on what ever trike kit I go with. I just think trikes without them look naked - jmho. So, given that I am going to go with the ground effect option, is it important to make sure they can be stood on?

Do not stand on CSC boards. They do not use mounting hardware for that.
I'd say they are for looks only. They also help in the rain.

On the motor trike can you still put your feet on the ground to push back?

Yep...You've seen me Stan (5'7")....I can still reach the ground and push if I just need a little nudge instead of usin' the "electro-reverse" on my Gold Wing 1800 Motor Trike.....:wtg:

I would like the ground effect on my CSC but have other things I need now.. Now sure where to get them for a 2000se 1500?? So I will wait a while longer. I like the looks of them...

In your honest opinion, are ground effects you can stand on an important item? I tip the scales at 325 lbs. and am concerned about the fiberglass on a CSC. I know the Aqua Shields aren't made to stand on. I also know that Motor Trike and Hannigan say theirs are made to stand on. These are the three manufacturers I am looking at. I would also look at Roadsmith if an installer was close as I understand theirs can be stood on as well. What do you guys think?

If you are looking to have Ground effects/Aqua Shields AKA Running Boards that you can step up on. The CSC is out of the equation, as they are more or less cosmetic, but do serve a function. The Trike Shop Road Smith are weight bearing, but have a limit ( don't know what it is ) Motor Trike (Aqua Shields ) are weight bearing to about your weight ( there is a small question mark here Call MT and just ask them ) Hannigan is weight bearing with a strong sub structure that is braced from underneath as the MT is. Same thing there to see just how much they will hold I would call the manufacture. As far as removing the foot pegs as mentioned that would be a personal decision for comfort, and feel, and takes some getting use to where the controls are once removed. If having running boards that are weight bearing is the main deciding factor in making a decision your are limited to the three mentioned, and you can add Leahman to make 4 total.

I had my Aqua Shields added to finish off the bottom of the Trike.
I never bought them to stand on even if I could.
IMO why would you want to scratch them.
With mine, we can get on and off easy, I can put my feet down to back up,
they do keep the water off of our feet and I wouldn't want to take off the pegs and drive without them.

I would like the ground effect on my CSC but have other things I need now.. Now sure where to get them for a 2000se 1500?? So I will wait a while longer. I like the looks of them...

You can get the ground effects for your 1500 from CSC or an installer near you can get them.

IMO why would you want to scratch them.

They won't scratch if you either cover the painted portion w/3M film and keep your feet off those areas.
Or have them covered w/Line-X material and again, keep your feet off those surfaces.

As I stated above,
I never bought them to stand on therefore no scratch's will ever be on mine.
I also wouldn't waste my time putting on that film ( based on prior experience's).

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png