Sixity brake pads

Sep 1, 2011
Laurinburg NC
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried sixity brake pads and how they were. I know OEM is the consensus and that is all I've ever used but the difference in price makes them worth a try. Tks in advance.

I've never heard of that brand. However, often the cheaper brands that are available for GL1800's are harder. Harder means that the pad wears slower and begins to wear the rotor faster. Another down side to cheap pads are often more brake squeaks and noises.

If the OP meant sintered.

Sintered vs organic is what most folks ask.

The difference being a sintered pad is a lot more grabby then a smoother feeling quieter organic pad.

For most sintered do last longer. But are harder too and leave a reddish brown rather then gray dust and less of it.

I prefer an OEM type FF organic pad myself. Sintered pads, HH will wear out a rotor faster also.

Thanks for the link.

As to the OPs question. Many aftermarket pads use 1 part number for all 3 GL1800 brake pad sets. Meaning they use the same backing plates and pad thicknesses for all 3 pads. However, on an OEM rear pad set, the lining is nearly twice as thick as front lining. So if a person were to install a new set of rear pads from that web page, the rear pads life is about 1/2 what it should be. If someone were to inspect the rear brakes with their new pads installed, their report should state something like 50% worn. Because, relatively speaking, it's started out with less pad.

For my 2012 it shows part # 2048120754 for Rear organic, and #2048110754 for Front organic. So maybe rears are thicker, at the price they show it might pay just to see.:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png