Kit with Highest Rated Load Capacity

Lu..

20+ Posts
Reaction score
Does the California Sidecar have the highest capacity of all the aftermarket kits. I see the standard is 650lbs, but you can increase it to 775lbs if you choose that option.

I checked DFT, Lehman & Champion and they do not list their ratings. The standard capacity of the Harley TriGlide is 485lbs, which will not do for me, the wife, and gear.

are there any kits that can swap the straight axle of the TriGlide with an independent suspension (keeping the stock body) with the benefit of increasing the weight rating dramatically? If not then I guess the only option is converting my current 11 Road Glide with a CSC kit.

Looking forward to your replies.

DFT has a kit to change the straight TRI to a IRS TRI dont know what it does for the load rating.

Does the California Sidecar have the highest capacity of all the aftermarket kits. I see the standard is 650lbs, but you can increase it to 775lbs if you choose that option.

I checked DFT, Lehman & Champion and they do not list their ratings. The standard capacity of the Harley TriGlide is 485lbs, which will not do for me, the wife, and gear.

are there any kits that can swap the straight axle of the TriGlide with an independent suspension (keeping the stock body) with the benefit of increasing the weight rating dramatically? If not then I guess the only option is converting my current 11 Road Glide with a CSC kit.

Lu, Yes you can adjust the suspension to what ever load capacity you might have . Up to the 775 lb rating. There is a mono shock and a spring that controls the A frame arms . The ride is like riding in a big recliner. It a very easy adjustment just like a ajustable shock with a spring tensioner on it. Give Rodney a call at Trikes By Rodney and he can explain all about the suspension. I tried several diff trike conversions before i pulled the trigger on the CSC and cant be any happier with it. Just my 2 cents. Booggerbe (Ron)

Power arm suspension by DFT

http://mjtrikes.com/shop/index.php?...id=228&zenid=bd00e44eeadcb5909896d3a09c4c4286

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png