Whats for supper?

Tonight I had the italian sausage/tortellini soup that was posted here on the forum about 3 weeks ago. It was fabulous and I'm gonna have a second bowl!:yes:

Whats for supper tonight? :Eating2

I cooked a big pot of white peas, a pot of collards and made a batch of home made mashed potatoes...ummmmm! I may not even have meat.

My bride is helping a friend with donations for the relief effort.

I am preparing some Nachos.

Left over taco meet with diced jalapeños and onions topped with Cheddar cheese, sour cream and lettuce on top of a plate full of Dorita's. Um Um good.

To ensure I have a rounded meal, my adult beverage is full of hops and other natural ingredients;)

ZOOK you may have to clarify for the people in the north that supper is the meal you eat before dark and that dinner is at 12.00 oclock:Eating2

My bride is helping a friend with donations for the relief effort.

I am preparing some Nachos.

Left over taco meet with diced jalapeños and onions topped with Cheddar cheese, sour cream and lettuce on top of a plate full of Dorita's. Um Um good.

To ensure I have a rounded meal, my adult beverage is full of hops and other natural ingredients;)

Good boy Bryan...drinkin' your veggies I see! :beerchug:

ZOOK you may have to clarify for the people in the north that supper is the meal you eat before dark and that dinner is at 12.00 oclock:Eating2

Thats right oldman. Even Wikipedia knows what supper is.

Wikipedia
"Supper is the name for the evening meal in some dialects of English - ordinarily the last meal of the day. Originally, in the middle ages, it referred to the lighter meal following dinner, which until the 18th century was invariably eaten as the midday meal.

The term is derived from the French souper, which is still used for this meal in Canadian French, Swiss French and sometimes in Belgian French. It is related to soup. It is also related to the German word for soup, Suppe. (The Oxford English Dictionary, however, suggests that the root, sup, retains obscure origins.)[1] In England, whereas "dinner", when used for the evening meal, is fairly formal, "supper" is used to describe a less formal, simpler family meal.

In Hong Kong and most parts of The United States and Canada, "supper" and "dinner" are considered synonyms. In some areas either term may be rarely used. It is typically served between 6pm and 8pm. The only real requirement is it must be eaten after lunch."

We celabrated Cinco de Mayo about 5:00 Texas Faijitas for two.Sure glad they have that holiday it was good.

I have found the simplest sandwich that I can eat all the time when I need something fast.

It's just an egg salad sandwich but it has a layer of bacon, letuce & tomatoe!

Tonight, we went to a new German restaurant, next town over - Zum Edelweiss. Yum!

Jaegerschnitzel (breaded pork tenderloin - sorry, kwputt - with mushroom gravy), spaetzle (egg noodles) and red cabbage. And brotchen! And cucumber salad! OMG - Double Yum!

(Sorry, skuut, didn't remember to take a picture until it was all gone!! LOL!)

Came outside and it was sprinkling - just enough to get the car all spotty and little bitty puddles - more predicted tomorrow!

If you have access to Blue Bell ice cream (and we feel so sorry for those of you who don't), run, don't walk, and go get some 'Butter Crunch' flavor! It's exactly like eating a Butterfinger, mixed with vanilla ice cream. Absolutely fabulous for us ice cream-aholics!!

Had to google "collards"to find out what they are. Seems like they are in the same family as cabbage and broccolli. I like it when I learn something new. We are going to be in the US later this month. Might see if I can find some to try. Are they something that is usually on a menu when you are eating out? We will be in Nashville,Indianapols and San Fransisco. We are catching up with a very dear friend in Nashville. Looking forward to it.

You probably won't find collards on any menu north of the Mason-Dixon line; they're a southern specialty. They are an extremely tough green leafy vegetable which take quite a long time to boil down enough to be tender (sometimes hours), usually seasoned with salt pork or ham. They can be tasty; we don't have them often, but we accompany ours with a minced white-onion-and-tomato relish that ScalpHunter originated, and a sweet cornbread. See recipes.com - Join the Thousands Who Use Us Every Day. for more information . . .

Thank you for your info BlondieGal.They don't sound like anything I have ever had before. I will definitely have to see if I can find some. One more question: What and where is the Mason-Dixon line?

young baked possum with grits n' poke salad / washed down with a big glass of buttermilk n'moonshine, tottsie roll pop fer dessert.

Dragging a trailer along to Maggie Valley---If i happen by a few along the roadside i could fetch em so we could throw em on the grill long side those hot dogs and burgers ?

Thank you for your info BlondieGal.They don't sound like anything I have ever had before. I will definitely have to see if I can find some. One more question: What and where is the Mason-Dixon line?

Oh, lordy - a furriner. Okay, sweetheart - there was this big ol' thang called the War Between the States, also known as the War of Northern Aggression (The Civil War). Some folks wore blue, some folks wore grey. Arguments about a couple of minor issues, they tell me. (The blue folks won, according to ScalpHunter. The grey folks still hold a grudge, I believe.) The dividing line between the two groups was surveyed back in the 1700s as part of another border dispute, but served as a cultural divide in the War. Blues to the North, greys to the South, and, to this day, the Southern part is still known as "Dixie."

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png