No brake lights...no cruise control

Aug 1, 2010
EFFINGHAM, SC
HI GUYS AND GALS
AT 2 OCLOCK THIS MORNING i ARRIVED HOME WITH MY "NEW" 2010 STALLION, I PICKED IT UP IN FLETCHER, NC....RODE IT ALL DAY, HAD A GREAT TIME...AS I KNEW I WOULD...GOT TO THE HOME AND SOMEONE STOPPED BY AND TOLD ME THAT MY BRAKE LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING...ALSO DURING A INTERSTATE RIDE I NOTICED THAT THE CRUISE CONTROL WAS NOT WORKING...
I CHECKED THE HANDY SERVICE BOOK AND IT STATED THAT THE FUSE #19 UNDER THE SEAT WAS FOR STOP LAMPS, CHECKED IT OUT, THE FUSE WAS GOOD...ALSO FOUND NO POWER TO THE SWITCH....DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE 2 PROBLEMS ARE RELATED? IF SO WHAT ELSE OTHER THAN A BLOWN FUSE SHOULD BE CHECKED OUT?

Oddoman

My wifes Stallion brake lights once quit and it was that the ground wire got snatched out the harness plug in the trunk, due to "Stuff" being jamed into the same space. Easy fix, then I tucked then in a little better behind the carpet.

Not sure about your cruse, but I bet they are related, hopefully by bumping you to the top some one will come along with the answers.

HUGE congratulations on your new baby!!! You will have a ball with it, as you already know. I'm sure you'll get some quick suggestions and answers from our stallion crew, but don't hesitate to call TBMS and/or your dealer .... They try hard to get you the answers you need when you call!

HI GUYS AND GALS
AT 2 OCLOCK THIS MORNING i ARRIVED HOME WITH MY "NEW" 2010 STALLION, I PICKED IT UP IN FLETCHER, NC....RODE IT ALL DAY, HAD A GREAT TIME...AS I KNEW I WOULD...GOT TO THE HOME AND SOMEONE STOPPED BY AND TOLD ME THAT MY BRAKE LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING...ALSO DURING A INTERSTATE RIDE I NOTICED THAT THE CRUISE CONTROL WAS NOT WORKING...
I CHECKED THE HANDY SERVICE BOOK AND IT STATED THAT THE FUSE #19 UNDER THE SEAT WAS FOR STOP LAMPS, CHECKED IT OUT, THE FUSE WAS GOOD...ALSO FOUND NO POWER TO THE SWITCH....DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE 2 PROBLEMS ARE RELATED? IF SO WHAT ELSE OTHER THAN A BLOWN FUSE SHOULD BE CHECKED OUT?

ODDOMAN, They are somewhat on the same circuit. In the 08's and some 09's there was a problem with the brake switch which is on the brake boster on the left side of the drive shaft in front of the rear axle. The switch activates the brake lights and dis-engages the cruise when the pedal is pressed. Maybe the wiring harness came loose from the switch or the switch is bad. It's a little hard to get to unless you can get the trike on a lift. We fixed ours twice. Was this trike new? They have done a redesign on this switch. Call TBMS ask for Nick or adam they will help you through it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png