Got my stallion finally

Aug 1, 2010
EFFINGHAM, SC
GUYS i HAVE RECIVED MY STALLION, WORTH WAITING FOR...LOVE THAT MACHINE...I HAVE A PROBLEM THOUGH...I GOT PULLED FOR NOT HAVING BRAKE LIGHTS...i CHECKED OUT EVERY FUSE ON THIS TRIKE AND FOUND THEM GOOD TO GO...i CHECKED OUT POWER TO THE BRAKE SWITCH..NONE...
i ALSO NOTICE THAT MY CRUISE CONTROL WILL NOT COME ON...IS THERE SOME ELSE THAT I NEED TO CHECK? I NEED TO FIND SOME SERVICE FOR THIS IN SOUTH CAROLINA....QUICKLY....I HAVE A RIDE COMING UP FOR NEXT WEEKEND.....HELP
ALSO...DOSE SOMEONE ON HERE HAVE A WIRING SCHMATIC FOE THIS TRIKE?
THANKS FOR ANY INFO......ODDOMAN

Pulled over on your first ride...... Hmmmmmmm....... that could give you a reputation :D! LOL!

Other Stallion owners will be replying with direct suggestions, Oddoman, but definitely call Nick at the factory. He is always very willing to answer questions and try to get things fixed quickly!

Also, stop by your local Ford dealer --- TBMS has an agreement with Ford to service the Stallion. Be aware, that if it is their first Stallion, they will be uneasy about it, but if the manager will phone TBMS, they will get instructions and if parts are needed, from what I hear the factory ships them directly to the dealership in a very timely fashion!

I have been doing alot of research on Trike Talk about Stallions. I have talked with a trike owner here in Michigan and has had alot and I mean alot of problems. The Dealer here is not up on Stallion info. He is happy to sell one but can't deal with the problems.

Many of the same problems have been occuring since 2008 and continue as stated by the guy that got pulled over for not having brake lights. I want to order one and have it by May 2011, but will all the issues the Stallion has, I retired from my motorcycle shop, I don't want to keeping working even if it is my machine.

Since I will not buy from the Michigan Stallion Dealer, I am looking out of State, who do I call for warranty work? Will I have to take it out of State to where I purchased it? Here in Michigan many Ford Dealers will not touch a Stallion for service.

I hope things change for the better or I will trike my Harley or my Goldwing.

Terry

since I got my Stallion and have rode it for a couple days, besides the brake light issue, and the cruise control not coming on(which I think they maybe a related problem) I believe that the stallion is a damn sweet ride....and I like it....so far.
Oddoman

u have a bad brake light switch your cruise control wont set because it is getting a bad signal from the switch. check connections . also check brake fluid level

I have been doing allot of research on Trike Talk about Stallions. I have talked with a trike owner here in Michigan and has had allot and I mean allot of problems. The Dealer here is not up on Stallion info. He is happy to sell one but can't deal with the problems.

Many of the same problems have been occuring since 2008 and continue as stated by the guy that got pulled over for not having brake lights. I want to order one and have it by May 2011, but will all the issues the Stallion has, I retired from my motorcycle shop, I don't want to keeping working even if it is my machine.

Since I will not buy from the Michigan Stallion Dealer, I am looking out of State, who do I call for warranty work? Will I have to take it out of State to where I purchased it? Here in Michigan many Ford Dealers will not touch a Stallion for service.

I hope things change for the better or I will trike my Harley or my Goldwing.

Terry

Terry, If you look we have 80 registered Stallion owners on this forum. There are around 800 built to date I believe. That means about 10% are members of this forum. Out of the 80 members here I have only read of one really un-happy owner. As with any new product there will be problems. TBMS has stood 100% behind the Stallion and if repairs are needed I have only read about over and above service by TBMS.

MJ and I have had a Stallion since March of 2008 first (175) about the 50th made. Our first Stallion had a wiring harness problem after about 14 months so rather than wait to have it repaired (we were on vacation) we purchased a new one (406). We have had brake switch problems with both but they were both fixed by the new switch. TBMS replaced the harness in the first one but we did not have the time to wait. It is still running fine and is leased out by the dealer. 406 has been running just fine and had 8k miles on her. Unit 175 had 13k miles when we traded her.

If you really like the Stallion I would go to where ever you need to go to get one. My closest dealer is 200 miles away. If you encounter a warrantee issue and it is not drive train related, you may have to take it to the dealer that sold it to you, or get approval to take it elsewhere. If your local dealer is selling Stallions then TBMS will require them to do the warrantee work. Drive train issues can be handled through a Ford dealer if necessary. You speak with the service manager and have them call TBMS for coordination. Ford and TBMS have an aggreement. Several of the owners have had a Ford dealer handle issues. Good luck and don't let a few early production issues deter you. We would buy another right now if necessary.

u have a bad brake light switch your cruise control wont set because it is getting a bad signal from the switch. check connections . also check brake fluid level

John just FYI the brake switch in the Stallion is a mechanical switch not a pressure switch. Works off the brake linkage. The switch has five pins controlling the brake lights and sending a signal to the cruise to shut down when the brakes are pushed on. ODDOMAN needs to call TBMS and have them talk him through a diagnostic. I bet it is an easy fix when they find it.

Glad to hear that you finally got your Stallion! I have had the brake switch problem, not in the first week. But did the dealer do a good and complete prep on you scooter? Throwing blame to TBMS might not be the way to go.
Any problem that I have had, not many, has been addressed by any dealer, be it Stallion, Ford, or a MotorTrike that I went to. Let me tell you as far as brake lights or turn signals go, My Stallion wrote the book. Being 380 pounds, the seat pan was flexing to much. Every time the fuses were replaced, within thirty miles they blew again. It took Russel, he ran the Daytonna shop, a week to find and fix the problem. During that time I had to go to get my trike certification, for my liscense. They loaned me a Stallion, which I trailered to the class and back, at no cost. They did not sell me my Stallion.

Nick and anyone else at TBMS has gone above and beyond to handle any issues that have come up. If you ever get to a rally or to the factory, Jeff or Diane Vey will be more than happy to talk with you. It's a machine, things go wrong, I never go for a ride on my Stallion, with my camper, or my big truck with out a good walk around check.

TMIGALA . I was just covering all the bases . My car has the fluid pressure switch and it causes all kinds of havoc when fluid I low. Then correct the switch is what is controlling the cruise and the brake lights. I also has a friend with a Ford truck had something in the steering wheel go that controlled the turn sig. and brake light. (Allowed the turn sig. to blink when the brake was applied .Not applicable to this situation just throwing it out there <LOL>

Big dog, i know for sure that any machine can have a problem, for i am a service tech on commercial appliances in restaurants, i've uncreated plenty of brand new stuff, and will be working on it as soon as i plugged it in....i bought my trike from another state, and i watch my trike being unloaded from the big red tbms truck on thursday....no prep from no sales dealer...the time i got to ride it..i enjoyed it very much....i am awaiting on nick to call me back as i sit here now...hopefully he will walk me thru the problem, or give me a service location....have a great day...

Oddoman
florence, sc # 667

You've got the right connection with Nick, as he is THE Stallion guru and can usually diagnose the problem quickly via the phone. He has always been quick to call me back and ship any part I have ever needed. You may want to ask him if there is a Ford dealer close to you that can look after any warranty issues that may come up. The dealer service rep will need to speak to Nick to get authorization for warranty work.

Zook

YEP...GOT THE CALL FROM NICK AND HE TOLD ME WHAT TO CHECK, AFTER JACKING UP THE MACHINE, AND TRYING THE BEST WAY I CAN TO SLID MY BUTT UNDER IT, FOUND THE SWITCH, CHECKED THE WIRES OUT, NICK THINKS i HAVE A BAD SWITCH....HOPE THAT WAS IT....GOT ONE ON THE WAY...

Big dog, i know for sure that any machine can have a problem, for i am a service tech on commercial appliances in restaurants, i've uncreated plenty of brand new stuff, and will be working on it as soon as i plugged it in....i bought my trike from another state, and i watch my trike being unloaded from the big red tbms truck on thursday....no prep from no sales dealer...the time i got to ride it..i enjoyed it very much....i am awaiting on nick to call me back as i sit here now...hopefully he will walk me thru the problem, or give me a service location....have a great day...

Oddoman
florence, sc # 667

Oddoman

Your dealer should have prepped the bike. My dealer did, she actually spent a day to a day and half going over it, checking bolts, and test everything out.

Strange you would have no prep. What is the dealer making money for???

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png