Gonna update Voyager suspension

Oldveteran..."AWSOME!"

I know everyone's waiting on the photos to see how she came out.

Once again, Great Job

I have started gathering my parts and will give it a go soon...

Thanks
I now have over 1000 miles on the "nylon" Voyager and the latest inspection shows very little if any wear on the components I installed. I am using waterproof trailer bearing grease on the wet bolts and suspension rollers. It stays on and lubes really well. Just gonna keep riding and see what developes. If problems arise, I will get them on the site.

By the way, I just ordered a Kuryakyn passenger grab rail for my ride so the wife will have something to hold on to besides me, not that I am complaining, but the way the scooter now rides takes some adjustment by the passenger because (1) they don't know what input the operator is going to do next and (2) they don't have the handlebars to hang on to when he/she does it. I have learned to be nice to my wife. :confused::(:blush: It took about 40 years, but I am a fast learner!:D

Love you guys!!

Oldveteran :Trike1:

Pretty cool! ;)

Your success with this is good to hear ...I just brought home an '06 C90T with the voyager kit on it ...took it for a long driveway test ride and the first thing I noticed was that the kit rattled and knew right away it was going to need some 'alterations' :D

Just joined the forum today and already I've found a solution!

Kudos to you, 'Oldveteran'! and thanks for going to the trouble! :clapping:

Can't wait to see some photos of the final product and if you go with the Delran gear.

RD52

btw...what's a grease bolt and where does it go? :xzqxz:

LISTED ITEMS FOR CONVERTING VOYAGER TRIKE TO NO METAL-TO-METAL IN SUSPENSION FORKS
PARTSIZEPART NUMBERPURCHASED atNUMBER PRICE (ea)
Nylon bushing ID 1/2” x OD 7/8”eTrailer or Lowes2$0.61
Grease bolt OD 1/2” x 2 & 13/16” LMcMaster Carrr2$3.18
Nylon washer ID 1/2” x 1 & 3/16” ODLowes4$0.37

Oldveteran :Trike1:

voyager trike kit

I have an 2008 gold wing with voyager trike and to help get rid of rattles I added a set of gas filled shocks that go from where my rear engine guards to the tow bars that is fasten the riders foot pegs.i have had this for 3 years and it got rid 90% of my rattles,i have plastic washers or bushings in different places.i got this idea from a cruiser that he had bought already done his were fastend to passengers foot pegs to the tow bars.I made clamp to go around the tow bars so it would be adjustable my profile pictures should show this .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png