Safety Running lights

deanone98

Aug 13, 2010
Milton, Fl, USA
I was not pleased with the amount of running lights on the Stallion from a safety point. So I had some slight alterations done i.e. my front turning lights now have a running light in it as well as the turning lights. They come on when the Stallion is running. I also had some LED running lights put on the side of the Stallion so that it could be seen from the side, which makes it more visible going through an intersection. I just had it done last week and will post some pictures when I return from my trip. I had the work done at Huals custom bikes to trikes in Cantonement FL on 95A :yes:

As far as I can tell he is a good trike installer. His business is only about 8 or 9 miles from me going towards Pensacola. Hope the lights work out in making you visible...just drive/ride like they don't...a lot of people driving are not paying attention no matter how many lights you have on.

Dennis

174 dtg Dubai

175 dtg Home (Stallion and Triumph ordering/buying time)

I was not pleased with the amount of running lights on the Stallion from a safety point. So I had some slight alterations done i.e. my front turning lights now have a running light in it as well as the turning lights. They come on when the Stallion is running. I also had some LED running lights put on the side of the Stallion so that it could be seen from the side, which makes it more visible going through an intersection. I just had it done last week and will post some pictures when I return from my trip. I had the work done at Huals custom bikes to trikes in Cantonement FL on 95A :yes:

Be interested in how they did the running lights in the mirror change. Do you know and care to share?

Thanks,

Ted

Seems the H-D guys like the pipes, GW(as well as others of course!) guys like the lights ;). My Wing had the lower running/fog lamps ...ALWAYS ran them....like being seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H-D guys like the pipes

From several very recent experiences, deer, horses, and vultures definitely respond to pipes. Not sure they how the would have have responded to lights :no:. Wildlife is a much bigger problem where I ride than cell phone moms.

I too like the idea of being seen better from the side, especially at night, so I installed blue LED lights on the undercarriage on each side and on each side of the front tire until I found out that blue LED lights are illegal in Georgia. I didn't want to risk the $275 fine. I replaced them with white LED lights. By the way, blue lights are also illegal in Texas and probably other States, and other colored lights are also illegal so you might want to check before installing any lights.

Blue Lites are used as Police or Emergency Services Lighting in Many States, therefore making thier use Illegal if you're not a LEO/Fireman or EMT/Medic...I really do like the Idea of the White Lights (especially under the Trike) to give that Riding on a Cloud effect. For more or Better Brake Lighting check out HyperLites.com...I got a Great 3rd LED Brake Lite which I high mounted (to the Back of the Backrest) and the Module makes it continually flash while the Brakes are applied.

Ed

Got my LED's done by JD's Lighting & SlesLED's! John is usually at the major rallies (bike week, wing ding, smokies, etc.) In Florida you cannot use blue or red (you can use red on the rear) while riding, but you can use other colors (as told to me by FHP). I run green and orange on the front and side, and red on the back.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png