Please Post LINE X Fender Protection Pics

Jerry, this looks good, would look on my white, I think. Just use on the front part of fenders, that should work for me. I have the RoadSmith clear protectors on there now, but they are getting kind of beat up. How easy is the Line-X to keep clean?

Thanks Bill.... I like it even more after I've seen it a few times. The first time I was being critical (didn't find anything) then I started just taking it all in.... :)

I don't think they can color match the white but black goes with any color. Just remember if you do this to get the Premium Line-x with gloss finish. It looks better and should clean easier. The folks told me to just use soap and water and never to wax it or put any sort of protectant on it.. Since I always just use plain old water and some elbow grease to wash my trike, that will make it easy. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Jerry,

Curious if you had to do any preliminary prep before the Line-X folks got the trike. Did you remove any accessories, etc.?

I try to make that sort of job as easy on them as possible so I had removed the side covers, passenger foot rest, covers behind the foot rest, and made the seat so they could just pick it off. They taped and covered the entire trike except for the fenders before starting their prep work. Hade to sand the entire area.... OH, I also had toatally removed the Wing Guards (running boards) so they could do that much easily... :):)

Jerry, that looks "GREAT".

Your LINE-X tech is very talented. Working the wire tape can be challenge.

I've never seen the wire tape but I imagine it is interesting.... There is one tiny spot I still need to clean up some but over all I am extremely pleased.. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Painted part of fenders with linex type spray

After buying my trike I learned that my ass (rear end of trike) is bigger than I thought and scrapped the fenders a few times, got a few chips. Had seen the threads reference using linex spray to hide them and protect the fenders. Well got a quote from the local linex dealer of over $800. figured he really didn't want to mess with it. So did a little research, found a product called Raptor on Amazon, cost about $80.00 used some point I had from a credit card. Got 4 bottle, harder, and spray gun. Got with a buddy who use to run a motorcycle repair shop and planned on spraying the fenders etc. Well We decided to take off the running boards to spray them, then taped off the areas we wanted to spray. My buddies brother happend to be in town, (had worked in a body shop spray booth) He agreed to do the spraying! I really like how it came out. Only used one bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_4042.JPG
    IMG_4042.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4041.JPG
    IMG_4041.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 211
After buying my trike I learned that my ass (rear end of trike) is bigger than I thought and scrapped the fenders a few times, got a few chips. Had seen the threads reference using linex spray to hide them and protect the fenders. Well got a quote from the local linex dealer of over $800. figured he really didn't want to mess with it. So did a little research, found a product called Raptor on Amazon, cost about $80.00 used some point I had from a credit card. Got 4 bottle, harder, and spray gun. Got with a buddy who use to run a motorcycle repair shop and planned on spraying the fenders etc. Well We decided to take off the running boards to spray them, then taped off the areas we wanted to spray. My buddies brother happend to be in town, (had worked in a body shop spray booth) He agreed to do the spraying! I really like how it came out. Only used one bottle.
Looks Great!

Curious,
did you sand, wire brush, or just scuff the paint where covered. I ask because I keep thinking of doing it on ours as well as the top of my trailer which is also fiberglass, but it's scuffed now. I have a heavy textured vinyl on both that looks OK I think, but every time I decide to leave it, something like this comes along and there I am, thinking again :D

Gotta look into this "wire tape" stuff. Also, play with pics and decide a "look" or "pattern". Just thinking.

Looks Great!

We just lightly sanded the fiberglass so far it is holding up well.

Curious,
did you sand, wire brush, or just scuff the paint where covered. I ask because I keep thinking of doing it on ours as well as the top of my trailer which is also fiberglass, but it's scuffed now. I have a heavy textured vinyl on both that looks OK I think, but every time I decide to leave it, something like this comes along and there I am, thinking again :D

Gotta look into this "wire tape" stuff. Also, play with pics and decide a "look" or "pattern". Just thinking.

We just lightly sanded the fiberglass so far it is holding up well.

Added the Line-X coating

I was getting a lot of paint chipping from rocks, etc. on the rear fenders and the front of the floorboards. Added the Line-X coating today. I think it turned out great.

Attachments

• 0587C1F5-0A96-4445-9DB4-B9839C1A60AD.jpeg
    0587C1F5-0A96-4445-9DB4-B9839C1A60AD.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 2346CF8D-E2B3-432B-B133-6D78C7008AB3.jpeg
    2346CF8D-E2B3-432B-B133-6D78C7008AB3.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 133
Hannigan Gold Wing Trike with LineX

20211022_093713_HDR.jpgI recently purchased a 2009 Gold Wing Hannigan Trike. The fenders and running boards had significant road rash and paint wear. I considered fender bras and repainting it, but for me there were too many negatives to those options. I saw this thread on LineX and it inspired me to get the LineX treatment. The folks did a great job and I am well-pleased with not only the protection but the great look the LineX added. Thanks to everyone for your input and suggestions.

Attachments

• 20211022_093634_HDR.jpg
    20211022_093634_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png