2 questions

Reaction score
Any comments about the use of nose bras on a GW? I saw one advertised and it looked interesting. Is it worth the money? Also any advice on the Utopia back rest. I like the looks and adjustability. Any installation tips? Thanks...Alan

It would seem to me that if headlights are looking at the floor, then bras are appropriate, but if perky and horizontal or above then braless is the best look. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!)

1. No experience w/the Wing Bra - However I had one on a car "back in the day".<br />
Apparantly grit and dirt got under the bra. When I took it off, after a few<br />
months to clean - the paint had scratches and rub marks in it. Never used <br />
one again. Hopefully someone that have one will respond and not try to be <br />
a comedian.<br />
2. The Utopia backrest is the best there is, IMHO. Just follow the instructions<br />
and you will be well pleased with it.

I agree with Mr. Dawg about the bra. I have an 08 GW without bra and have zero marks on it. I always keep a good coat of teflon wax on it so bugs wash off quickly. About the Utopia, I just installed one on my Trike and I absolutely love it - what a difference on my back. Installation was simple - as advised above simply follow the instructions. It took me about 40 minutes but make sure that you lay out the drilled holes fairly accurately. Cut the seat exactly where the instructions indicate and you will have no problem. Good choice and good luck. John

Put a Utopia back rest on my daughters GW she really likes it. Good instructions for an easy install.

I have a black leather fabric bra on mine. I keep it shiny with STP cleaner and STP leather treatment. I think it gives my trike a special look. <br />
<br />
Just took a photo of it and will post it tomorrow. Kicking back after a couple of hefty rides today. Have not had it off since getting the trike, but have looked at the areas underneath the edges of the bra and see no scratches or color shifting.<br />
<br />
OK, I lied. Here is a photo I just took and uploaded. Hope it helps.<br />
<br />
I have the Ultimate seat. Like the seat, but the backrest was too small. Sent it back and they did not match the seat fabric.

1. No experience w/the Wing Bra - However I had one on a car "back in the day".<br />
Apparantly grit and dirt got under the bra. When I took it off, after a few<br />
months to clean - the paint had scratches and rub marks in it. Never used <br />
one again. Hopefully someone that have one will respond and not try to be <br />
a comedian.<br />
<br />
<br />
There is certainly nothing wrong with a little humor. With that being said I would not put a bra on any of my vehicles be it a car or bike.

There is certainly nothing wrong with a little humor. With that being said I would not put a bra on any of my vehicles be it a car or bike.

Absolutely correct on the humor comment, as long as your response contains a helpful comment to the request from the OP.
For me, once I have rec'd the help I need, then I'm free game for all the humor anyone wants to "blast" me with:yes:
Dawg

I have a penchant for protection bras on any type sport vehicles. Excellent place to add professional type graphics and a touch of overall class. There is another thread on this forum discussing use of a Scotchgard type film to protect surfaces exposed to damage and hard use. Maybe a combination of both could be the answer - the film as a key barrier and the bra as a secondary, and more appearance-oriented approach? That could satisfy both our utilitarian and our vanity aspects. Perhaps a few more bucks, but we would get peace of mind from damages while having our classy-looking bra covers onboard.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.Hammers
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png