Being held hostage by State Farm

I payed $696 for insurance on my trike for the last 4 years now. This year now that I added 2 more 2 wheelers to the stable I pay $645 for all 3

We've been with St F a combined total of about 30 years.... but we just switched all our vehicles - trucks, cars, bike, trike - to Liberty Mutual. Switched the house to Farmers. We're saving about $1200 a year combined. We put one truck on Farmers - the racetrack "pit truck" that drives only rarely - with minimum limits so we do get a little "combination" discount - but the $1200/year savings was before that. There's not much benefit to keeping everything with the same company if you can boost your limits and still save $$$ by switching. (And yes, there are crooked agents with EVERY insurance company. Our new agent is an ******* but his rates are good.)

I'm pretty happy with Foremost. $363 get's me full coverage on my 2010 Tri-Glide and basic coverage for two other bikes. The 3rd wheel is treated as an accessory in NY.

We have everything with Lib Mut and I shopped around. They were the best combination of price and customer service.

Hey Will---(and anyone else)

Please give my agent a try.

John English
407-321-8400

He has saved several of my friends some money on their policies.

Tell him (or anyone that you talk to) that you got the info from
Mike Fillion in Orlando.

:wtg:

I payed $696 for insurance on my trike for the last 4 years now. This year now that I added 2 more 2 wheelers to the stable I pay $645 for all 3

So if 3 is $51 cheaper, how many do you have to have to get insurance for $0? It's good for you, but makes no sense. Oh well, we're talking insurance company here.

Foremost through AARP!!! Like 'Bikerbozo" I have 1 trike & 2 bikes. Less than $400/year. Full coverage. Hartford (AARP) has house & cars. 45% LESS than Country Company. SHOP SHOP SHOP

state farm and nationwide took a-lot of people in the aftermath of katrina. one guy maped out his neighborhood by lot, & the ones who had other insurance companies they said thet were insured for the water damage. no so with state farm &nationwide. news
stations said they had even hired inspectors to see the claim (THEIR) way. which meant
no coverage. i'm sure there are a-lot of good people who work for these companies, but they won'y get my $$. Even a state senator got taken to the cleaners.

Funny, we were with State Farm 38 years. When my agent retired and someone bought his agency, I started having problems. I also was told that if they didn't have all my 'insurance needs' they couldn't provide the 'prices and services' I was getting. My boat, quads, and PWCs were insured by someone else. When my second call went unanswered, I went bag and baggage to the Auto Club. Costs me a couple bucks less than SF, not enough to change if they hadn't turned ass holes. When I called Corporate to cancel all my insurance (2 houses, 4 cars, 4 motorcycles, and a 1 million dollar blanket liability) the sucking started big time. When asked why I was changing, I told them your agent is an ass hole, and if that is the kind of representation given to a 40 year client, I'm out. Very happy with the Auto Club. Cost is about the same, the phone gets answered, and everyone that answers seems to know what they are doing. Good Luck!

The tfdupetydog is right. Contact State Farm directly and give them the name and number of the agent that told you this bull and they will handle that right away. One thing I will tell you is that State Farm deliberately prices themselves out of your consideration because they really do not want to insure bikes. I have had State Farm for 30 years and have everything BUT my bikes insured with them. A very good friend of mine is and agent and he has had my business for that long, he recommends for me to buy form those that want that type of business. I use Progressive, but HATE THE COMMERCIALS, even though they are better than Geico's ridiculous lizard. I have three bikes with 100,000 coverage and still under $550 a year.

In Florida I got a notice that State Farm was canceling all home owners policies and leaving Florida because the State of Florida would not allow them to raise their prices and they were losing money. I asked about the car/golf cars/motorcycle policies. They said no problem, I said I have a problem with being a 36 year customer and being cancelled so I changed everything to AAA and Progressive. Saved about $350/year

Friday, she says to me, I see you have a bike and boat that is not insured here (my bike is with Progressive). You have to insure everything with SF.

That is the biggest pile of bull hockey I've ever heard of!!!! Run, Run as fast as you can, and don't look back!! So much for your 40 year loyalty.
i've had dealings with a couple of SF agents over the years and they were real bad to deal with except on their terms which they didn't get from me.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png