gathering ideas for my reverse trike

supradrew

Oct 5, 2010
basically my plan is a bare bones 1 seater t-rex wanna-be. i want some bits of body work but i want the main chassis exposed similar to the ariel atom. or ktm x-bow.
Ariel-Atom.jpg

i basically have my chassis ideas down, the main goal is light. if i can keep the weight out of it i think itll be a pretty fun go-kart for the streets.

i see a lot of pics on google but im just curious if any custom reverse trike owners are on here or another forum.

basically my plan is a bare bones 1 seater t-rex wanna-be. i want some bits of body work but i want the main chassis exposed similar to the ariel atom. or ktm x-bow.
i basically have my chassis ideas down, the main goal is light. if i can keep the weight out of it i think itll be a pretty fun go-kart for the streets.

i see a lot of pics on google but im just curious if any custom reverse trike owners are on here or another forum.

Welcome aboard. You have some interesting ideas there. Keep us posted.

ok heres the basic plan. chop my pride and joy. a 97 kawi zx7r (750 ninja) keep it light, simple and stable as possible. i plan on getting a tig welder so aluminum chassis isnt out of the question...id rather do tube steel but i need to get some more sketches down and try and "calculate" the weight.
heres my baby as of now...well minus a few decals.
DSC02448.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

nana-thanks for the link, i ran accross that post while googling the past few weeks. looks cool but i want something a little smaller, wheels swept further back and mostly i just want it lower than what he's got planned. all in all it looks like a badass design though, wish i had design skills like that.

heres one thats damn close to what i want.
reversetrike6.jpg

reversetrike4.jpg

i know some of yall might be like, why the hell would you chop up a perfectly good bike? well because its mine and i do what i want...but really the bike is getting older, im getting bored of it and want something bigger/newer and im definatly not going to go buy another junker bike to use for my street go-kart. i just cant part with this 7r, i think instead of letting it sit in the garage ill put it to good use.

my plan is to make the bike bolt into my own chassis, basically remove the triple tree and lay it down on a tube behind the seat. then support braces out the ass to wherever i can bolt...so, if i ever DO change my mind, atleast i didnt throw away a perfectly good bike. ill do everything so its reversable.

i want to do a custom suspension setup but i saw a can-am reverse trike on display and it looks like they have the perfect spindle id like to use. small, light and more importantly the wheels and brakes are small and light.

im still in the think tank for this project, i need a few more metal fab tools and a tig welder to pull it off. plus, my supra has to be put back together first...lacks about a grand and im 100% on it then im going ape **** on this idea

its gonna be sick, just takes time and money. any ideas suggestions (more importantly engineering tips) would be greatly appreciated.

Impressive, creative ideas you've got!!! Can't wait to see more as you progress :)
The plan to keep it a "reversible" project is great.......but I'm betting you have so much fun with it that you never change it back :D

I just finished this reverse trike for a fellow in Ormond Beach.
It started life as a clone of a Ariel Atom..
I fabricated a 1200 suzuki into the rear.
turned out nice and is very fast.

21511camera013.jpg

trike022.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png