Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Reaction score
A small group of us rode to the fall bike week in MB, SC last week as we have for the last few years. We like the fall rally because it is normally the older/calmer set as compared to the spring rally folks. This year is was a BUST. There were almost NO venders there, even though the weather was great. The H-D dealer in North Myrtle Beach had a very limited selection of new bikes, a LOT of used stuff. Suck-Bang-Blow is usually a hot spot any time during bike week, not this year. It was close to being a ghost town. I guess I won't waste my money on them again. We stayed at North Myrtle Beach where the beach is beautiful, good restaurants, etc. Its very nice for a vacation, just not for bike week anymore. Myrtle Beach got their wish, they got rid of the bikers.
Myrtle Beach was forced by the SC high court to reverse their helmet law, still it was a bust. We rode to Panama City Beach last spring, I guess next spring we'll go back to Panama City.... and maybe back to Panama City Beach for their fall rally. Those folks know how its done.
IMO:p

Last weekend was the Angle City rally in middle Geprgia. Try that next year, we must have seen 1,000 bikes on the roads just ridding between 2 towns.

We were there on vacation back in the summer ~ heard several of the locals make the statement that bikers were no longer welcome at Myrtle Beach. They had trouble with a particular group and the city has gone crazy with ordinances on sound... Saw a posted sign that if you cruise the strip between certain hours its a violation. If I remember correctly, you get one pass through.

Worst vacation we ever spent. We were at a nice beachfront hotel. First night the domestic fights did not end until 0200 AM and then a loud pool party moved outside at 04:00. Pretty much set the tone for the whole week. It was not a family friendly stay.

Latest hit for bikers at Myrtle Beach is that campgrounds are adopting 'no motorcycles running past the entrance' rules. So if you take a bike or trike, you either trailer it or push it in (or in at least one campground we stayed at pay to park it in a little shed beside the office with all the others and walk in). And this applied to all motorcycles, no exceptions. We saw a lot of big bikes being pushed to the front gates from campsites - sure glad that particular trip we were motorhoming!

I was told that the beginning of the whole controversy was the locals being opposed to the "Black Bikers Week". In order to keep the blacks out, they tried to snuff out all bikers. Looks like they are getting exactly what they asked for.

I was told that the beginning of the whole controversy was the locals being opposed to the "Black Bikers Week". In order to keep the blacks out, they tried to snuff out all bikers. Looks like they are getting exactly what they asked for.

Heard the same, National Roundup I believe it's called...same trouble in Daytona with same group, shame...they will end up giving all riders of color a bad name....my info came from a Volousa County Sheriff's deputy...sad.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png