How often do you replace your armor jackets.

Sep 15, 2013
Olathe Ks
I know to replace my helmets every few years because of wear and the padding and energy absorbing material deteriorates.

How about our riding jackets. I wear an Olympic armored jacket with the shoulder, elbow and back pads. Do they deteriorate over time or with the sun exposure?

My wife asked how often they need to be replaced and I don't know the answer so what is everybody's opinion.

Have two of them and also a leather jacket /w armor... The leather one is from the last century 1998, And i never had to replace any of them....I see no reason to ..Except if you gain weight and they won't zipper up...:Shrug:

Just got a First Gear all weather 4 mesh jacket. So I'm good unless I expand more.

However my Dyer leather is real heavy leather that the zipper doesn't meet together any more :Shrug: That's the one I really liked.

I have jackets I've had it seems forever. A great looking Harley jacket I'm gonna sell, and this thread reminded me of that. Living in FL, I don't wear the thing. I must find the time to list it, learn the picture thing, pack it up for shipment to whoever buys it.

The only reason I would think you need to replace the armor would be in the event you used it, but, that seems pretty obvious. My Harley FXRG has armor. I took it out and I doubt anything short of abrasion could hurt it. Kinda like plastic in the sea.

My jackets have been with me for a long time. This thread reminded me of the Leather Jacket I'm going to sell. I do not wear it in FL. I need to find the time to list it, learn how to upload pictures and package it for shipment to the buyer.

Welcome Sara, Just FYI the classified section of this web site for posting items for sale is limited to Gold Club members. I suggest you look into joining the Gold Club to help support this web site. Again welcome aboard. Gold Club is optional but members gain access to the ability to post to the classified and the "PM" feature is then also available.

​My first good quality leather jacket lasted about 25 years with frequent wear in a northern climate. Good example of ya get what ya pay for. So I reordered another Vanson leather (model B) and this jacket seems to be lasting even longer since retiring to a warmer climate. Surprise, surprise. So some reason, this last jacket seems to be shrinking.

PC

Sara-martin was a spammer and had an embedded link to a business. Spammers are getting more creative with their promotions. Bye-bye spammer :diespam:and they're not even in the United States.

Val....:Curiously........

Lately quite a few New Registered Members....Have something to sell/Promoting some products ..

And most list their age under 30....And in-till they make their ''First'' post i can't Zap them...:diespam:...:Shrug:...But that's ok i can wait...:laugh:..

That's true none of the spammers have a trike or even a motorcycle and they post a really big mistake like the one I found posting oddball threads on other forums. The individual here made it obvious they were a spammer as they posted they were from Ohio to the members and in their profile it listed New York and again a person in their 30s with a fake email and using a dirty IP. I usually watch for the time they sign up and it is in the overnight hours when everyone is asleep, then they pull an old tread and post their nonsense.

That's true none of the spammers have a trike or even a motorcycle and they post a really big mistake like the one I found posting oddball threads on other forums. The individual here made it obvious they were a spammer as they posted they were from Ohio to the members and in their profile it listed New York and again a person in their 30s with a fake email and using a dirty IP. I usually watch for the time they sign up and it is in the overnight hours when everyone is asleep, then they pull an old tread and post their nonsense.

ThumbUpThumbUp............

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png