Breakthrough in HD Trike Shocks from DK Custom Products!

Reaction score
Many of you may know that for years (and over 100,000 miles) I have been obsessed with getting the best possible ride out of the HD Tri-Glide/Freewheeler platform.

Fundamentally, with the straight rear axle, the design does not lend itself to a smooth plush ride.

Still, we have developed, & discovered, several ways to get an improved ride... smoother and plusher rides that can be felt in the real world.

Standard Lift Kit

Comfort Lift™ Kit (that is now being copied...a compliment is how we take it)

MacAir to easily dial in the sweet spot on the OEM air shocks

13" Twin Adjustable Shocks and 13" Pro-Action Shocks.

Each of the above improvements are significant, and make for an improved ride.

The combination of a Comfort Lift™ and either of the 13" shocks is a huge improvement over stock, and until today, the best possible rear suspension available.

I thought that was as good as it would get. But about 6 months ago Devin and I had an idea. We did not know how it would work (we have had plenty of ideas that did not pan out :laugh: ), but we wanted to give it a try.

We teamed up with Pro-Action Suspension and, together, we co-developed a 14" shock, designed from the ground up, specifically for the HD Trike Platform.

Lot's of testing and tweaking later, we have the 14" Trike Series Shocks™!!!

Something I have only verbalized to a few people, but have thought about thousands of time, I want my Tri-Glide to float over all bumps just as smoothly as my Softail does.

The reason I did not talk about this much was because I did not think it was a realistic goal.

The reason I constantly thought about it was because I wanted the smoothest ride possible...and I was constantly comparing how it felt to hit bumps on my Tri-Glide compared to the same bumps on my Softail.

I am very pleased that our little idea grew into the 14" Trike Series Shocks™, because some bumps are even better on the Tri-Glide than the Softail, and all bumps are at least as good.

It has been a long "trip" to get to this point, and the end result is a bit on the expensive side, but I am more pleased with the ride quality than I ever thought would be possible!

Check them out HERE.

Kevin

Wow Kevin. Good for you :clapping: When it comes time to change out my shocks. I'm going for these :D.

Wow Kevin. Good for you :clapping: When it comes time to change out my shocks. I'm going for these :D.

Hey Carol,

I think you will be very pleased with them!

Talk about serendipity...I 'm headed over to Southern Thunder shortly, to test fit some items on their bikes there, and was actually just thinking of the time I met you over there.

Hope you're able to ride today...it is nice in Mississippi today!

Kevin

I just went to reference this post in a message to someone, and saw that the last link in the original post was not working. Not sure why.

To see the Breakthrough Shocks, that totally change the ride of an HD Trike, check out this link-

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/combo-package-14-harley-trike-series-shocks-comfort-lifttm.htm

Quote from Jerry, a Trike-Talk Member-

"Thank goodness for DK Custom Products...TSS shocks I put on a couple of weeks ago. The trike's ride is improved incredibly.

My wife and I simply could not believe it was the same vehicle.

...handle like a sports car through the curves, with no bouncing, body rolling, etc., just flat and smooth through the turns...do yourself a favor and get a set of these shocks from DK." -Jerry

Hey Carol,

I think you will be very pleased with them!

Talk about serendipity...I 'm headed over to Southern Thunder shortly, to test fit some items on their bikes there, and was actually just thinking of the time I met you over there.

Hope you're able to ride today...it is nice in Mississippi today!

Kevin

Hi Kevin , how well do they work with 2 people on the trike , I am considering to change out the air shocks for a better ride . Thanks

Fred

Hi Kevin , how well do they work with 2 people on the trike , I am considering to change out the air shocks for a better ride . Thanks

Fred

They work well (or even better) the more load on the Trike. Each pair is built individually, based on anticipated weight, then they are adjusted (fine-tuned) based on weight, trike model, and riding style.

If you make the switch, I think you will be amazed at how much better the ride quality is.

See more details and testimonials HERE.

Feel free to call or write with any questions.

Kevin

Wow, it has been over 2 years since Devin and I had the idea of making some 14" Trike Series Shocks™.

Teaming up with Pro-Action and testing our relationship with all our constant testing and requests for changes, we finally came up with a Trike Series Shock™ that we were happy with.

Now, almost 2 years later, and over 700 happy Customers later, time has just seemed to fly by. I'm updating this thread with current links and videos that we have.

• Combo Package - 14" Harley Trike Series Shocks™ & Comfort Lift™ Pro-Action LINK

• Pro-Action / DK Custom 14" Harley Trike Series Shocks™ LINK

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png