Where do I go now ?? need a triple tree

Apr 21, 2017
Washburn
I have a '90 Ultra with a champion conversion. Have looked everywhere, have tried a 3 tree that the company said "gaurentee to fit". It didn't. We have come to an end, there has got to be triple tree somewhere that will fit/work. :mad: Help.

Thanks,

Wes

I have a '90 Ultra with a champion conversion. Have looked everywhere, have tried a 3 tree that the company said "gaurentee to fit". It didn't. We have come to an end, there has got to be triple tree somewhere that will fit/work. :mad: Help.

Thanks,

Wes

I have a new in box Motortrike 3 tree that is listed to fit a '87 Electra Glide. I can sell for good price if you are interested. I can check the literature to see if it will also fit a 90 Ultra.

As much as you're not going to like my response on this. You're likely NOT going to find a "direct fit" triple tree that won't require some sort of modification to work.

Several companies advertise their trees will fit 87-13, BUT they require some sort of modification to work on the older models (I think 92 & older? someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). The BIG difference that's going to cause problems for you is the steering lock assembly on your year model (uses a "toggle switch" style steering lock instead of the ignition lock). I may be mistaken, but I don't know of ANYONE who makes a triple tree that's a direct bolt on application (without modification) to your bike (the market just isn't there for a company to make an item with such low sales to be honest). I've attached a few screen grabs showing the difference in the FACTORY triple tree for your bike, & the more "current" design that most companies model their rake kits after.

1990.JPG1990 lock.JPG2004 tree.JPG

Like I said, I know my response isn't going to win me any popularity votes, but I'd rather be up front & as honest as I can than sugar coat it.

+ 3 0n Papa Zook - I went with a 5 degree hog halter raked tree from zook for my 1989 ultra.

It is a high quality tree with features I really like better than other manufacturers.

And you can believe me when I tell you I got it at a fraction of the cost of other manufactures.

B-9newtrippletrees_zpsd3484c17.jpg

B-12rightforkinstalled_zps3a14439d.jpg

B-13frontforksinstalled_zpsf18fa05e.jpg

I eliminated the fork lock as the tree is not drilled to accommodate it.

however the ignition lock still functions.

Its not even hard to get your welder and devise a hinged lock that goes over you front brake disc with a pin that goes through the holes on your disc with a small paddle lock to secure it.

look around there is a company that makes such a device with an alarm on it should you feel the need to part with cash.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png