Where do I go now ?? need a triple tree

I have a '90 Ultra with a champion conversion. Have looked everywhere, have tried a 3 tree that the company said "gaurentee to fit". It didn't. We have come to an end, there has got to be triple tree somewhere that will fit/work. :mad: Help.

Thanks,

Wes

I have a '90 Ultra with a champion conversion. Have looked everywhere, have tried a 3 tree that the company said "gaurentee to fit". It didn't. We have come to an end, there has got to be triple tree somewhere that will fit/work. :mad: Help.

Thanks,

Wes

Did you try to PM Papa Zook.....If anyone can help he can.....

Thanks,

Wes

I have a new in box Motortrike 3 tree that is listed to fit a '87 Electra Glide. I can sell for good price if you are interested. I can check the literature to see if it will also fit a 90 Ultra.

As much as you're not going to like my response on this. You're likely NOT going to find a "direct fit" triple tree that won't require some sort of modification to work.

Several companies advertise their trees will fit 87-13, BUT they require some sort of modification to work on the older models (I think 92 & older? someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). The BIG difference that's going to cause problems for you is the steering lock assembly on your year model (uses a "toggle switch" style steering lock instead of the ignition lock). I may be mistaken, but I don't know of ANYONE who makes a triple tree that's a direct bolt on application (without modification) to your bike (the market just isn't there for a company to make an item with such low sales to be honest). I've attached a few screen grabs showing the difference in the FACTORY triple tree for your bike, & the more "current" design that most companies model their rake kits after.

1990.JPG1990 lock.JPG2004 tree.JPG

Like I said, I know my response isn't going to win me any popularity votes, but I'd rather be up front & as honest as I can than sugar coat it.

+ 3 0n Papa Zook - I went with a 5 degree hog halter raked tree from zook for my 1989 ultra.

It is a high quality tree with features I really like better than other manufacturers.

And you can believe me when I tell you I got it at a fraction of the cost of other manufactures.

B-9newtrippletrees_zpsd3484c17.jpg

B-12rightforkinstalled_zps3a14439d.jpg

B-13frontforksinstalled_zpsf18fa05e.jpg

I eliminated the fork lock as the tree is not drilled to accommodate it.

however the ignition lock still functions.

Its not even hard to get your welder and devise a hinged lock that goes over you front brake disc with a pin that goes through the holes on your disc with a small paddle lock to secure it.

look around there is a company that makes such a device with an alarm on it should you feel the need to part with cash.

Back