2016 Freewheeler Cat Removal

Reaction score
I mentioned to someone that I am having the cat removed and putting on Vance & Hines slip-ons and they said I would need to get a fuel pack and a download from Vance & Hines because I would be running too lean. Has anyone done this without the fuel pack and how did it run? I'm supposed to have it done tomorrow but now I'm a little worried.

You may or may not need a fuel management system. I replaced my mufflers and left the Cat in and my '15 'Free' was running leaner than it did before the muffler change. There was a hesitation when taking off and a lot of back rap when going off throttle.

Now, the big question.... WHY are you removing the Cat?? You have been driving cars with a Cat for 20 years. Your trike won't run any better, cooler, faster, or get better gas mileage. It will be louder and run leaner. In some states you will have problems selling it, altering the pollution controls is a no-no.

Good Luck

I agree with Screwball

DO NOT LET THEM bully U

HD does not care

They got busted over the SE Race Tuner HMMM TTS got REAL MAD AT THEM for not payin royalties

NOW ya got ta ask urelf, sELF, yeah do I trust these guys? SELF, Heck NO, LISTEN to thesr guys @ The Trike Forum, They aint got a Dawg in da fight

IMO, really, alot of HD Sucker store now want u to pay for Vance and Hines or

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/ Check these guys here, They are the real deal and Kevin always checks in here and is as HONEST as the day is long

REmoving the cat.

Others I know that have Freewheelers complain of a lot of heat on the passengers leg. So they removed the cat. so it's cooler on the leg.

You may or may not need a fuel management system. I replaced my mufflers and left the Cat in and my '15 'Free' was running leaner than it did before the muffler change. There was a hesitation when taking off and a lot of back rap when going off throttle.

Now, the big question.... WHY are you removing the Cat?? You have been driving cars with a Cat for 20 years. Your trike won't run any better, cooler, faster, or get better gas mileage. It will be louder and run leaner. In some states you will have problems selling it, altering the pollution controls is a no-no.

Good Luck

Devils Advocate..The Catalyst Converter on cars isn't inches away from the riders right foot like it is on a Trike...:Shrug:....That said the Cat on my 17 is far enough back, and with the floor board extenders the heat isn't an issue [For Me] so the cat is staying on, Unlike my 11 where the heat did bother me...

I put Fuel Moto headers on my 2015 Free and used the Nightrider FL Vied 10 to fatten up the fuel mixture. I kept the stock exhaust and it made it sound just a little louder. The heat was gone with the new header and making it less lean at low idle.

Update

I mentioned to someone that I am having the cat removed and putting on Vance & Hines slip-ons and they said I would need to get a fuel pack and a download from Vance & Hines because I would be running too lean. Has anyone done this without the fuel pack and how did it run? I'm supposed to have it done tomorrow but now I'm a little worried.

Update: So I put on a decatted head pipe and Vance & Hines slip-ons. Ended up getting the FP3 and remapping. Was not getting enough fuel on cold start and would sputter and die out. Very annoying. LOL The FP3 has done the trick and now she runs like a purring kitten. Without the cat it's so much cooler on my right leg and foot. The new slip-ons gave her the low rumble I was looking for. Loud enough without being too loud...don't want to piss off the neighbors.

YUP, Alot of Nay Sayers will probably tell u this

IMO and already tried this, U can get away with this HOWEVER, the added fuel U will get will give U peace of mind PLUS IF I WERE U I would call Kevin @ DK Customs

He will hook UP with a Power Vision

THis gadget will let U do what V H will not CHEAPER and U can store more tune mapsand change LAMBDA, And way more

Iam still playing with mine

I am stuck @44.6 MPG with my NEW to me Fishtail Drags via my own baffles

(I have my Lambda set below the so called stock14) SHHHHHHHH dont tell LOL

Freewheeler Mods

I replaced the stock header on my 2016 FW with a Fuel Moto Ceramic header, the stock mufflers with Jekill & Hyde mufflers, and a Stage 1 Harley intake. The EMC was flashed with a tune from Fuel Moto via a Power Vision. It ran perfectly and much cooler.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png