Avon Trike Tire

I heard good things about Avon Cobra Trike tires though I ended up getting the Metzler because of the price I got.

Avon front tire??

Going to have to replace my front tire soon. Wondering how the Avons are holding up? Dealer said they were about $50 less than the American Elite rear (would be mounted in reverse). Looking for comments on both to help me decide.

thanks

Going to have to replace my front tire soon. Wondering how the Avons are holding up? Dealer said they were about $50 less than the American Elite rear (would be mounted in reverse). Looking for comments on both to help me decide.

thanks

I've only had mine for about 3000 miles, so can't comment on the longevity except I don't see any wear on it. I can comment that I like the ride better than the Dunlop that was on there before. I never asked about balancing until I picked it up from my Indie tech. He used Dynabeads. It's my first experience with them. I'm pleased with it. Caught it on sale for $99.

Well at almost 14,000 miles ,replaced the front Dunflob, with a new Avon Trike tire. Seems to feel much smoother on the road. Rode over 600 miles & I like it. Now , to see if it lasts longer. Got the Tri just one year ago & already a front tire.

New tire ordered

I just ordered a Michelin Commander II rear for the front of Shiney they were on sale seemed good price free shipping. I wanted to have it on hand, I still a little life in the Commander II front tire but it will soon be time. Passed annual inspection no problem Indy said keep an eye on the front if it were two wheels he would say put it on now. maybe later in August. :Coffee: Travel safe Fred

Don't feel bad...I had to replace my original tire after 4200 miles. The dealership acted like this was nothing unusual. Can't remember at this time what it was replaced with, but I told them to put something on it that would wear longer.

I asked the parts manager about the Avon trike specific tire and he likened it to 'snake oil'. Next time, I'm going somewhere else and buying one, especially if I don't get better mileage out of this one.

Don't feel bad...I had to replace my original tire after 4200 miles. The dealership acted like this was nothing unusual. Can't remember at this time what it was replaced with, but I told them to put something on it that would wear longer.

I asked the parts manager about the Avon trike specific tire and he likened it to 'snake oil'. Next time, I'm going somewhere else and buying one, especially if I don't get better mileage out of this one.

That sounds about the right comment from your HD dealer even though Avon has been making tires since the early 1900's and are now owned by Cooper Tire Company. They don't say Harley Davidson on the sidewall.

I have rode many miles on Avon tires and love them. They handle well and have good treadwear characteristics.

Bill, glad you like the Avon. My dealer just got one in for me, will put it on in 2 weeks. Will have about 13,000 on the trike then. Trip coming up later in Aug, and want it changed before I go.

re- avon tire

Avon - is the only tire maker -- making a front tire expecially for trikes. It is not as round, it is flatter profile on the road, (less skipping etc) and, I highly recommend them.

installed in January and I now have 8,900 miles on the Avon front tire. It shows very little wear and I'm really pleased with the performance.

2012 TriGlide

Good to know. New Avon going on mine tomorrow. Got 13k on the stock Dunny, might go a little more, but going out of state in a couple weeks, so replacing it now.

I also have Avon tires on my Roadsmith, I'm new too triking so this is my first trike, and have put on maybe (guesstamate here) 8,000 miles and so far front tire still looking good..........

I will replace with another Avon tire when needed!

Ronnie

Got about 150 miles on the new Avon front. Dealer put it at 36# and it seems to wander just a bit at speed. Today I bumped it to 38# and it still seems to wander a bit. I think some of this is me getting used to a new tire when my old one was worn more flat faced. So will see how this turns out. Am wondering how much air the rest of you are running in your Avons?

We noticed a smoother feel to the Trike after Avon installed. Like the fact it is for a Trike front. Dunflop was crap at 14,000 . Seeing some good reports on the Avon. Time will tell. We also started at HD tire pressure (did not notice any wandering) & just increased to 40lb per Avon guide. Will do an 1100 mile ride next week so will see how it acts.

Avon tire - twitchy ??

I have about 800 miles on the Avon front now, running 41# (started at 36, bumped up to 38) and still have that twitchy feeling, almost like buffeting the whole trike. This feel is not coming through the bars, they are stable. Dealer said the berrings were good. At first I thought it was just the difference between a new tire and the old tire with the center worn more flat. I would think if that was it, it would have improved after 800 miles. Wondering if there is an out of round issue with the new tire or a combination of the new tire and my LRS flat top windshield (buffeting feeling). Didn't notice this with the old tire & the LRS. Will talk to the dealer tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on this??

I have about 800 miles on the Avon front now, running 41# (started at 36, bumped up to 38) and still have that twitchy feeling, almost like buffeting the whole trike. This feel is not coming through the bars, they are stable. Dealer said the berrings were good. At first I thought it was just the difference between a new tire and the old tire with the center worn more flat. I would think if that was it, it would have improved after 800 miles. Wondering if there is an out of round issue with the new tire or a combination of the new tire and my LRS flat top windshield (buffeting feeling). Didn't notice this with the old tire & the LRS. Will talk to the dealer tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on this??

The tire could have a high spot :Shrug: Jack up front tire off the ground , have a stationary vertical object, chair leg , or similar. Spin tire with crayon, chalk just touching tire on diferent locations. Chalk line should be constant all around.

Had a front tire with a small hop on a 2 wheeler, it will drive ya to drink 🍹.

I've only had mine for about 3000 miles, so can't comment on the longevity except I don't see any wear on it. I can comment that I like the ride better than the Dunlop that was on there before. I never asked about balancing until I picked it up from my Indie tech. He used Dynabeads. It's my first experience with them. I'm pleased with it. Caught it on sale for $99.

What model Avon tire are you using (rear on front) ?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suebullmc

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suebullmc
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png