driving lights just quit working

Dragon

250+ Posts
Reaction score
Hello again

my driving lights just quit working, checked the 15 amp fuse under air cleaner. not blown.

is there another relay someplace? does the light switch wear out by pulling it on :xzqxz:

Thanks

Dragon

Hello again

my driving lights just quit working, checked the 15 amp fuse under air cleaner. not blown.

is there another relay someplace? does the light switch wear out by pulling it on :xzqxz:

Thanks

Dragon

Insure that your ignition is turned on, otherwise they will not work!!

I had the same problem with mine. I found a loose wire up by the lights. Reconnected it and everything worked fine. Rick

Basic "ABC" list (assuming it's stock & no add on lights/wiring, etc that may affect it).

first - Key must be to run position, headlights on dim, switch pulled out for fog lights. You mentioned that you checked the fuse, did you check the fog light relay also? (position 56B in the fuse box in engine compartment).

Does the driving light indicator on the dash come on? If so, check for voltage AND ground @ the fog light connector (often times people will check voltage not think about ground). If you have voltage AND ground @ the fog light connectors, it's likely bad lights/bulbs. I keep a tail light bulb & socket with wires from an old car in my toolbox. It's a great "tester" to verify stuff like that & is brighter than my test light so it can be seen even on a bright sunny day.

If the driving light indicator on the dash does NOT come on & fuses/relays are good, I would be suspect of the headlamp switch itself as being the issue.

Good afternoon

thought I would give an update on lights. ended up being the switch, had to order one took 3 days but now I have lights

thanks Richard

Dragon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png