Rake Kit Review 2015 Harley TriGlide

Jthubbs

May 14, 2017
Manatee
Well I've been reading and studying all of the posts on rake kits as well as handlebars for my 2015 TriGlide. Having a short reach I wanted to be more upright and have easier steering. I spoke with Papa Zook and received excellent advice.

I purchased Papa Zook's HHI 9* kit (really +5*) (at a nice discount off HHI's direct price) and the Khrome Werks 2+2 handlebars. I figured doing them at the same time would save on labor.

I picked up up it up from my Harley mechanic last night and what an outstanding experience! I'm so glad I did it!

Thanks Papa Zook zook for the advice!

Call Papa Zook at (346)800-7946

Well I've been reading and studying all of the posts on rake kits as well as handlebars for my 2015 TriGlide. Having a short reach I wanted to be more upright and have easier steering. I spoke with Papa Zook and received excellent advice.

I purchased Papa Zook's HHI 9* kit (really +5*) (at a nice discount off HHI's direct price) and the Khrome Werks 2+2 handlebars. I figured doing them at the same time would save on labor.

I picked up up it up from my Harley mechanic last night and what an outstanding experience! I'm so glad I did it!

He gave you good advice.....Glad it worked for you...jc

The more you ride with them the bigger the smile grows with miles. Curious narrow bars or wide ones? :clapping:ride safe Fred

Welcome aboard John. Not many of us have taken on the changing of the stock 3 degree trees to the 5 degrees but as the boss told you it makes quite a difference. Ride safe

The more you ride with them the bigger the smile grows with miles. Curious narrow bars or wide ones? :clapping:ride safe Fred

Narrow, just took a 100 mile round trip for breakfast, everything was great. I needed to get used to the curves without the dampener. I'm good with it now.

Next weekend I'm taking a little trip to the east coast, I'm really looking forward to it

Without the damper? Why did they take it off?

I put a 21" wheel on, so I put 9 degree trees on, per the chart on HHI's website. I bought from them, didn't know I could get them cheaper from Papa Z. Anyway, the damper touched the right lower fairing at full left turn. I used a 1" longer bolt on the left side of damper(the end that mounts to fork) and it clears.

Between the skinnier tire, and the new trees, she steers nice and easy. By that I mean less effort.

And another unforeseen benefit is that with those 9* trees, the diameter of the turning circle is about 6 feet less.

That part is nice...we all know how sharp they don't turn at crowded rallies...:laugh:

Here's all I had to do to make the damper fit. Found a 1" long chrome bushing that fit over the longer bolt. I just wrapped a little black tape around it.damper.jpg

Without the damper? Why did they take it off?

I put a 21" wheel on, so I put 9 degree trees on, per the chart on HHI's website. I bought from them, didn't know I could get them cheaper from Papa Z. Anyway, the damper touched the right lower fairing at full left turn. I used a 1" longer bolt on the left side of damper(the end that mounts to fork) and it clears.

Between the skinnier tire, and the new trees, she steers nice and easy. By that I mean less effort.

And another unforeseen benefit is that with those 9* trees, the diameter of the turning circle is about 6 feet less.

That part is nice...we all know how sharp they don't turn at crowded rallies...:laugh:

Actually, I put on the 9* but the way HHI explained it to me it was a 3* from HD plus the 6* added up to 9*. They took it off because HHI recommended it or so the dealer said that installed it, otherwise a bracket would have to be made to retro-fit it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png