Ride-On Tire Sealant/Balancer - First Impressions

paws

Just Killing Time...
Oct 22, 2011
Kerrville, TX U.S.A
.Put this in the tires this morning.

.Knew from their website and postings here that it might be a little wobbly right at first until the stuff got distributed around the tires.

.Sure enough, getting up to speed the front tire had QUITE the shimmy.

.Smoothed out very quickly and I had absolutely the smoothest ride on this trike I have EVER had.

.At 75mph (the posted top speed on this split 4-lane), this thing was smooth as silk!!!! Did a 30 mile round trip.

.The front tire did not have a weight on it as it had been spin-balanced (I think that is the term) when it was put on about 1 year ago....so nothing to remove there. Didn't check the rear tires for weights - they are original and I had no way to jack it up to see if they had weights. No matter...could not be ANY smoother than it rides now.

.Very pleased so far.

.Bikerbillone thank you so much for the PM's.

.I did make one little deviation from some of the other experiences that have been posted here (except Mikey)...I put the Motorcycle sealant product in ALL tires rather than in just the rear car tires....because on RIDE-ON'S website, under their TRIKE section they stated that if it was their own personal trike they would put the Motorcycle product in the rear automobile tires also (rather than the automobile tire product) because it seals faster. So I did.

.I put 1 bottle in the front tire and 2 bottles in each rear tire.

.And yes,,,it took a pair of strong hands to squeeze it in. Bikerbillone's clamp suggestion would have helped tremendously but I didn't have a clamp.

.So far, so good...well pleased...will post again if things go south.

Carla

.Put this in the tires this morning.

.Knew from their website and postings here that it might be a little wobbly right at first until the stuff got distributed around the tires.

.Sure enough, getting up to speed the front tire had QUITE the shimmy.

.Smoothed out very quickly and I had absolutely the smoothest ride on this trike I have EVER had.

.At 75mph (the posted top speed on this split 4-lane), this thing was smooth as silk!!!! Did a 30 mile round trip.

.The front tire did not have a weight on it as it had been spin-balanced (I think that is the term) when it was put on about 1 year ago....so nothing to remove there. Didn't check the rear tires for weights - they are original and I had no way to jack it up to see if they had weights. No matter...could not be ANY smoother than it rides now.

.Very pleased so far.

.Bikerbillone thank you so much for the PM's.

.I did make one little deviation from some of the other experiences that have been posted here (except Mikey)...I put the Motorcycle sealant product in ALL tires rather than in just the rear car tires....because on RIDE-ON'S website, under their TRIKE section they stated that if it was their own personal trike they would put the Motorcycle product in the rear automobile tires also (rather than the automobile tire product) because it seals faster. So I did.

.I put 1 bottle in the front tire and 2 bottles in each rear tire.

.And yes,,,it took a pair of strong hands to squeeze it in. Bikerbillone's clamp suggestion would have helped tremendously but I didn't have a clamp.

.So far, so good...well pleased...will post again if things go south.

Carla

I'm so glad you got the Ride-On put in your tires Carla!! That will give you some peace of mind and as you have already found out a smooter ride. Now I bet you wish you had done it long ago.... :xszpv: :xszpv:

Hey Jerry...

After watching the Ride-On video I decided I would try to do it myself..looked pretty simple, but the neighbor saw me getting ready to work on it and offered to do it for me (he is a crotch-rocket rider and does all of his own wrenching), so I supervised. ;)

Paid him with some Rosa's burritos and a beer. :)

I've used Ride-on for years, in bikes, trikes, and trucks. It's good stuff. And you did good on using the MC stuff in the trikes rear tires. The auto stuff doesn't stay put as long as the MC stuff, so after sitting three days, the auto stuff has to redistribute, but the MC stuff seems to stick longer... clear as mud??? LOL

I learned when installing it in my PU's and wife's Suburban.. 17" tires, I would use my compressor, and the blower end for the hose. Make a small hole in the bottom of the plastic bottle, and use the air blower to gently push the Ride-on into the tire. Once you get the hang of how much air to use, it's really fast.

Glad you have a smooth ride now.

Hey Dennis...

Things changed here on the home-front this year and this is a 1 trike, 1 driver household now, so I needed some peace of mind about being on the road - reason for the Ride-On.

I THOUGHT I had a smooth ride before I put the Ride-On in but the difference now is phenomenal!

Hope to you y'all at Kerrville again this year.

Carla

I have been "touting" this product for years on several boards

I debunked several comments concerning it's "short comings".

Such as wheel corrosion. RideOn does not corrode wheels. In fact, if properly dispensed and dispersed, per instruction, there should be no product get on the wheel!

BTW, product contains a corrosion inhibitor also!

Also comments about a mess when changing tires.

Again, if properly dispensed and dispersed, per instructions, it stays in the tire. There is no mess to clean up.

The only reason not to use RideOn is if you have Honda's, crappy TPMS because the sensors are not sealed!

I've been using the stuff ever since I learned about. Prior to that I was using regular car tire sealant. And using it every morning was slow and easy until it got spread out. Ride-on sticks and it the smoothest ride I've ever had. If you have a compressor here's a trick. Punch a small hole in the bottom and use it to force a small amount of air in the bottle. No squeezing or clamps required. Just a little patience. If you only have a hand pump, get a basketball or football needle. Make that hole small enough that you have to force the needle in. Then get someone to pump while you hold. With the air compressor be careful. You can blow the bottle apart. So either dial down the amount of air or make very short burst of air in the hole. With practice you'll get the hang of just how much air to keep putting in the bottle. It's a heck of a lot easier than squeezing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png