Gates Belt on Roadsmith

Whiskeychute

Reaction score
Hidy Folks,

'Ol timer semi=lurker & new trike owner back at u with another stupid question re: belt tension.

I've the advice on your website re: belt tension & see that 3/8 to 5/8" is correct. One group says pinch the belt at the lower area between your thumb & forefinger & press downward with 10 lbs of pressure.........OK, my belt is tight with no deflection whilst at rest. I can push it down to about 1/2" with a bit of pressure so, IS IT GOOD TO GO?????

Thank you in advance for your good advice,

WTH AKA Whiskeychute in Tennessee.

Boy it's hard to say from what you describe, but if you are in the middle of the belt length and you can deflect the belt by only a 1/2 inch with only a light pressure then it SHOULD be good to go.

Hidy Folks,

'Ol timer semi=lurker & new trike owner back at u with another stupid question re: belt tension.

I've the advice on your website re: belt tension & see that 3/8 to 5/8" is correct. One group says pinch the belt at the lower area between your thumb & forefinger & press downward with 10 lbs of pressure.........OK, my belt is tight with no deflection whilst at rest. I can push it down to about 1/2" with a bit of pressure so, IS IT GOOD TO GO?????

You're good to go.

HD Trike 2001

HD Trike

I am Whiskychute wife. Hh passed away on 10/4/2020. I am needing some help to sell his HD Trike and was wondering if you or anyone else would be interested. Or maybe tell me how and what to do ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hidy Folks,

HD Trike

I am Whiskychute wife. Hh passed away on 10/4/2020. I am needing some help to sell his HD Trike and was wondering if you or anyone else would be interested. Or maybe tell me how and what to do ?

Sorry for your loss :(........Just post what you know about the Trike....And i'm sure people will chime in with what your next step should be.....

I am so sorry for your loss, like Bob posted give us some details about the trike. I see in the profile that it is a 2001 H/D Fatboy with Roadsmith trike, is that the bike you're referring to ?

HD Trike

So sorry to hear about your loss. If you will, please message me about the trike.

HD Trike

I am so sorry for your loss.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png