Stealth LED Lights

Nice ... Do you feel like you see better?

When night riding, she can't help but see some better. We adjusted them a bit lower than driving light level since they will be on full time. The real object is to be seen and believe me those suckers sure fill that bill!! Man are they bright. Mounted down low and toward the engine guard outside presents a MUCH larger image to oncoming drivers. Sort of like comparing a VW to a Buick Roadmaster....:xszpv::xszpv:

When night riding, she can't help but see some better. We adjusted them a bit lower than driving light level since they will be on full time. The real object is to be seen and believe me those suckers sure fill that bill!! Man are they bright. Mounted down low and toward the engine guard outside presents a MUCH larger image to oncoming drivers. Sort of like comparing a VW to a Buick Roadmaster....:xszpv::xszpv:

Hi Jerry,

How did you run the wire? (Drill the crash bar and snake it) And what did you connect into?

Thanks

Pat

Hi Jerry,

How did you run the wire? (Drill the crash bar and snake it) And what did you connect into?

Thanks

Pat

Yes on the drill and snake routine.

We took the engine guard off so I could drill into both mounting plate faces way low then did a hole up higher right under the two light mounts. Ran wires inside tubing then spliced on to the light pigtails. Heat shrink on the joints and pulled the wires back into the engine guards. We removed the head light and hooked directly onto the low beam power feed and ground wires. LEDs draw such little current the OEM wires don't even know they are there. Especially since the headlight is also LED. :):)

Thanks for the kind word guys!!! That is why Lola rode all the way up here to my place. Well that and she needed some saddle time in preparation for a long ride in a few weeks.... :) It takes some creative thinking sometimes but keeping wires out of sight and out of danger usually is worth the extra effort. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Nice job on the install

Very professional job

Guess we dont have to worry like the fear folks said about the low voltage lights reeking havoc with can bus wiring

Thank you Jerry 4 a clean install

Me thinks you made a lady rider VERY happy:gah:

Update on install..

Lola called the other day to tell me she noticed the pass/drive lights went out when switching to High Beam head light. HUMMMM:xzqxz: :xzqxz:.. We just knew we had looked to see if the low beam stayed on along with the high beam. Only thing we can think of was that this is managed internally in the LED head lamp cluster - not requiring actual 12 volt input on both wires.

Anyway, She rode back to San Angelo this morning and I successfully installed a power routing circuit I'd designed. I'll attach a copy for anyone that might want their LED Stealth lights on full time.. Everything still is contained inside the head lamp bucket so the installation stays neat and out of harms way. :) :xszpv: :xszpv:

Pass - Drive wire diagram.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png