Found a HD dipstick.

Jul 26, 2016
N Ky USA
While driving near home and watching the road for "road finds" I found a HD dip stick. This dip stick looks as if it's friction fit. My son has a HD and after assisting him with an oil change I know my son's dip stick screws in. Is the friction fit an older design.

I couldn't help but think someone is having a really bad day. I drove up the road looking for them, hopefully all is well.

Could be from a Softail, They pop off some times

740-946_A.jpg
does it look like this?

My 1990 FLHS has a metal rod instead of the later plastic one

to gauge oil fill. Also solidly mounted to the cap.

Common on the EVO FL series.

images

If it wasn't installed all the way or too much oil was

added they can pop off. Oil bag was just below the

seat on the right side.Not too bad for the pilot as it is,

for the most part, behind him. Hot oil on the leg can

make for a bad time for the passenger though.

The dip stick itself is plastic and is attached to the cap end with a ball & socket arrangement allowing the stick to pivot.

i guess minds work differently. I was concerned it would blow all the engine oil out and seize. Thinking if it blowed oil onto the operator that would be the best scenario, they would shut down before bad things started happening.

The dip stick itself is plastic and is attached to the cap end with a ball & socket arrangement allowing the stick to pivot.

i guess minds work differently. I was concerned it would blow all the engine oil out and seize. Thinking if it blowed oil onto the operator that would be the best scenario, they would shut down before bad things started happening.

Like this one ???FLH-FLT dipstick.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png