Near disaster

Beorn of Ga

May 25, 2011
Griffin, Ga USA
Part 2: Brought my Tri Glide to dealer today. There was a recall on the clutch control, BUT, dealer said they replace my clutch control already in 2014. So, they are repairing under extended warranty. I'm worried about this happening again.

Part 1: I have a 2014 Tri Glide. Yesterday (Sunday) while heading from north Georgia to my home south of Atlanta on I-75 with all lanes busy and traveling at about 70 mph, my clutch quit working. The clutch lever just flopped back and forth. By some miracle I got the trike to the median and stalled it to a stop. I checked for fluid and it reservoir was full. I found a 2x2 stick and rapped the clutch reservoir. The clutch started working. I drove the rest of the 60 miles to home. The clutch keep crapping out and I kept hitting it with the stick. I have the Trike serviced at a Harley dealer when due. Don't know if this is common or not. Bringing the Trike to dealer this week.

Last edited:
Beating a dead horse

Sounds metaphorically like you were beating a dead horse that kept coming back to life for a few more miles of service. What a nightmarish scenario being out on I-75 with those circumstances. Glad you creatively figured out how to resurrect your "three-legged horse" to get home:clapping:

I have a 1014 Tri Glide. Yesterday (Sunday) while heading from north Georgia to my home south of Atlanta on I-75 with all lanes busy and traveling at about 70 mph, my clutch quit working. The clutch lever just flopped back and forth. By some miracle I got the trike to the median and stalled it to a stop. I checked for fluid and it reservoir was full. I found a 2x2 stick and rapped the clutch reservoir. The clutch started working. I drove the rest of the 60 miles to home. The clutch keep crapping out and I kept hitting it with the stick. I have the Trike serviced at a Harley dealer when due. Don't know if this is common or not. Bringing the Trike to dealer this week.

Good to hear you made it home without incident.

That said, your relating your experience was a great word picture... :) I'm sure it is something you will remember for years to come. :D

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png