Sling Shot Information

bikerbillone

3000+ Posts
Sep 28, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I have a 2005 GW/ 2012 RS conversion, been reading all I can about the Slingshot. I see, difficult to get in and get out, I see very little luggage space, not good for two on the long rides. What I like is side by side and looks like DIY easy maintenance. I cannot find specifications; comments, suggestions welcomed, I'm listening. Although I find the Sling Shot very intriguing, logic tell me to hang with the GW/RS.

My pros; Goes like stink, handles like a go-cart, reliable engine, (GM used them in the hhr, actually a Sabb motor) feels like a cheep sports car.

My cons; considered a motorcycle as you need a helmet, not a motorcycle it's a car feeling, no roof, (can purchase after mkt) luggage is at a minimum, in and out access ain't bad as long as you step on the seat.

On my test drive it is a good bang for the buck. Fun to drive, and in my opinion, it's a street legal go-cart. It's a must drive bucket list want.

My pros; Goes like stink, handles like a go-cart, reliable engine, (GM used them in the hhr, actually a Sabb motor) feels like a cheep sports car.

My cons; considered a motorcycle as you need a helmet, not a motorcycle it's a car feeling, no roof, (can purchase after mkt) luggage is at a minimum, in and out access ain't bad as long as you step on the seat.

On my test drive it is a good bang for the buck. Fun to drive, and in my opinion, it's a street legal go-cart. It's a must drive bucket list want.

In Jersey, Helmet and MC License not required , Even though its registered as a MC...

But it would behoove you to carry a helmet and a copy of the Regulation with you....

That said i would have one right now if i' [''Me''] didn't have to be a contortionist to get in and out of it...

My .02

Keep the Wing if you want to ride a bike.

The Sling Shot feels like a car!

You have a point deputy some pros, some cons, I need to go touch it see what it does for me. Plus I'll have to lay out some big bucks to make that transition, but that's just the way it is.

I've driven the Slingshot a few times and beat the bag out of it just for giggles. I echo what many have said here, go kart on steroids, quick as heck and is a real conversation piece. It feels like getting into a dragster and getting out of a wreck. Fun to be sure but just too impractical for me. No idea what the resale market is for these either, maybe just too soon.

Holy Christmas, finally went to the dealer, climbed into that thing, then climbed out. One sexy looking machine, just not for me. Didn't take me long to satisfy the itch.

Slingshot novelty wore off = GW/Roadsmith Trike

ISO Slingshot trade for GW Roadsmith Trike 2003 w 16K on the clock, raked w/6 degree. Info on request. South Florida.

2003 with 16K miles, now that's almost cherry, somebody sure doesn't like to ride it. I can certainly understand the offer to trade.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png