Eurowing Conversion (brakes)

My brakes went out after riding in a short downpour. No resistance on pedal. Checked calipers, replaced pads, bled system twice. Still no resistance on pedal, except after pumping it several times, then I feel a little bit of resistance. Is it possible water got into the system via the master cylinder or elsewhere? When I checked the fluid level, there didn't appear to be any water. There's nobody in my area that works on Eurowing trikes, but one did say on a lehman conversion he worked on, he needed to bleed them a few dozen times until it finally worked. Any suggestions on what else could be issue, short of replacing the master cylinder. Everything is brand new. The conversion was just done in Utah. 8 hours from me or I would take it there. Want to do it myself.

Welcome to Trike-Talk, Dean....:wave4:

Are you sure its not air in the lines, Instead of water ....:Shrug:...Water usually effects the brakes after the brake fluid gets good and hot...

Anyway at this point i would keep on bleeding, Till you run all the old fluid out..

I would do a flush of the fluid ... Harbor freight sells a bleeder kit that does a great job if you don't already own a bleeder. I would flush a large volume of fluid through the lines.

image_20429.jpg

I build Eurowings in Atlanta. I used vacumn bleeder on the system. The foot brake and hand brake are linked to front and back brakes. If the foot only went out but the hand brakes are good I would suspect the foot master cylinder is bad. Pm me and I will try to help you trouble shoot the problem. The main office in Miami is busy getting ready for wingding so I might be your best source right now.

I build Eurowings in Atlanta. I used vacumn bleeder on the system. The foot brake and hand brake are linked to front and back brakes. If the foot only went out but the hand brakes are good I would suspect the foot master cylinder is bad. Pm me and I will try to help you trouble shoot the problem. The main office in Miami is busy getting ready for wingding so I might be your best source right now.

Linked brakes on a Harley?????????

My mistake if it is a Harley. I wasn't sure. I did a search for eurowing and it came up as a problem. I assumed it was a gl1800. I would still assume bad rear mastercylinder if Calipers are not leaking. Make sure you are using the correct brake fluid. A lot of Harleys use dot 5.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png