Stock Spring Length

firefighter4634

Dec 15, 2016
Moville Iowa USA
Can anyone tell me the length of the stock springs for a 2012 1800. I am putting new seals in mine, its a 2012 with a CSC trike kit with the rack kit added. I measured the springs when i took them out and one side measured 13 3/16 and the other was 13 1/8, was just wondering if these are within specs.

Can anyone tell me the length of the stock springs for a 2012 1800. I am putting new seals in mine, its a 2012 with a CSC trike kit with the rack kit added. I measured the springs when i took them out and one side measured 13 3/16 and the other was 13 1/8, was just wondering if these are within specs.

I'm sorry I didn't see your request for help quicker.

Although the link refers to a 2-whl, your results may be similar.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/44712-New-OEM-springs-what-a-differance

DSCN9141.JPG

Are there any additional spacers under your springs ... if so, your springs need replaced ???

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/43195-Front-feels-like-it-bottoms

If you have more than 25K and especially if you have a rake kit, most likely the OEM springs are weakened enough to need replaced.

FYI, I have read many posts and personally have experienced riding w/"Progressive" springs.

First let me temper this with the fact in my case and many others, I have no idea what "strength" these springs are! All I know is they are the ones designated for the 1800 Gold Wing.

The best story comes from my local trike installer. He told me when he first started his business, he insisted on installing Progressives with the first 6 conversions he sold. After 5 of those returned asking for their OEM springs to be put back in, he quit selling "heavier" springs.

I had 20K on my Wing when triked and at 32K I put in new OEM springs and was very pleased with the results.

One also needs to keep the ADV working properly as it's there for a reason!

After riding a friend's 2 wheeled Wing w/Mono Tubes installed, I was ready to get a set for my trike. Unfortunately, I was informed by Progressive, MonoTubes were not for trike applications and the warranty would be voided if installed!!!!!!! Also, there were no plans to design any that would work with a trike! Never understood any of that!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png