• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Last Ride on My Bike Today

Lunchbox1983

Contributing Member
Reaction score
I took my last ride on my beloved GL1500 today:(. The last stop was me parking it on top of the lift at UNB Customs. The next time I see her, she will be converted to a Roadsmith Trike:D. The best part is someone backed out of a 1500 kit, so there was no wait time to get one in, I should be on my new trike in a few weeks.

Then we will officially be a 2 trike family.:cool:

What fantastic news! And UNB is doing it for you? that is terrific :D
So..... you're saying that all the coolness of the members here convinced you to trike it?
(Say "yes"! It's a good answer ;))

Yes nana

The big issue for to to pull the trigger was hearing the words "I wish I had done it sooner" from so many on the Board here. I could wait it put another 5 to 10 years, but why?

I was able to sell some timber, so my wife got her Stallion for her 50 birthday, and now I will have a trike too on my 50th.

I also made sure UNB knew they were found because they are TRIKE TALK sponsers.

Dumb question, If you got a kit someone "backed out" of, why will it take a few weeks, instead of a few days?
Installer backed up or ?

Yes nana

The big issue for to to pull the trigger was hearing the words "I wish I had done it sooner" from so many on the Board here. I could wait it put another 5 to 10 years, but why?

I was able to sell some timber, so my wife got her Stallion for her 50 birthday, and now I will have a trike too on my 50th.

I also made sure UNB knew they were found because they are TRIKE TALK sponsers.

50? Your young pups. Once you get on the trike you will never look back. They are a JOY to ride.

You will never look back is true,,,you will say " I should have done this 5 years ago":D CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE!

I don'tthink you will regret it.Take it easy for about 500 miles and then let er rip.We have something in common I had to sell some timber to get mine done.

Dumb question, If you got a kit someone "backed out" of, why will it take a few weeks, instead of a few days?
Installer backed up or ?

Kit shipped to the installed Friday, then install and paint, plus I am having one or two oter small maintance things done, so I figure 2 weeks.

When I first got a quote it was 3 weeks to get a kit shipped from Road Smith.

I don'tthink you will regret it.Take it easy for about 500 miles and then let er rip.We have something in common I had to sell some timber to get mine done.

I was able to sell Hard wood plup this summer when the price was out the roof, so I nearly double my money of what my original timber value was.

Of course Uncle Sam will come calling too for his share.

Now if Pine pulp who just go up.

Kit shipped to the installed Friday, then install and paint, plus I am having one or two oter small maintance things done, so I figure 2 weeks.

When I first got a quote it was 3 weeks to get a kit shipped from Road Smith.

Thanks, I ordered my Hannigan in May. Had to wait almost 2 months for production date to arrive. Then another week+ for install. Best move I ever made for the age I'm getting to.

lunchbox1983-albums-trikes-picture4332-trike-build-unb-customs.jpg

Here is an update on my Trike, shoud be fininshed Next week :D

I can feel your excitement all the way over here :D.
She's lookin' good!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png