So I went ahead and did it

Not to be Crass Mike.....How much only money.....:D:D

Trade difference was $10 k. Not bad depreciation considering I had close to 25k in milage on it. Yr and 3 mos old. And, they swapped over my bumper, grips, lighted switch gear, floorboard spacers, custom fuel door and derby cover. My black passang lamps and, my J W Speaker headlight.

Trade difference was $10 k. Not bad depreciation considering I had close to 25k in milage on it. Yr and 3 mos old. And, they swapped over my bumper, grips, lighted switch gear, floorboard spacers, custom fuel door and derby cover. My black passang lamps and, my J W Speaker headlight.

Good deal:clapping:........

Runs much better, sounds way better

Trike got tuned today. I got to keep the tuner. Added H-D's high flow a/c that uses the OE factory a/c cover. Vance & Hines trike specific mufflers are on order and go on next Saturday along with the lift kit for the rear end. Deciding factor was getting to hear/ride another HOG member's '17 trike that has the exact same set up. There is a marked bump in hp and torque. With me doing a lot of high altitude riding during the summer, I'll take all the power I can get. The exhaust is slightly louder than the factory under acceleration where one wants it yet very radio friendly at highway speeds of 75/80 with a full coverage helmet on. The fact that they will allow me to bring my own fluids for the servicing points means my indie has lost a long time customer.

All I can say is, anyone with an m8 that rides two up and or pulls a trailer would be [FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]meshuggah not to do this simple non invasive upgrade that has Harley's blessing and does not affect the factory warranty.[/FONT]

Trike got tuned today. I got to keep the tuner. Added H-D's high flow a/c that uses the OE factory a/c cover. Vance & Hines trike specific mufflers are on order and go on next Saturday along with the lift kit for the rear end. Deciding factor was getting to hear/ride another HOG member's '17 trike that has the exact same set up. There is a marked bump in hp and torque. With me doing a lot of high altitude riding during the summer, I'll take all the power I can get. The exhaust is slightly louder than the factory under acceleration where one wants it yet very radio friendly at highway speeds of 75/80 with a full coverage helmet on. The fact that they will allow me to bring my own fluids for the servicing points means my indie has lost a long time customer.

I want to keep my 17 stock, Please don't temp me....I promised with this one i'm not gonna monkey with it.......Maybe....:Shrug: This will be the first machine that i'll leave alone, I even goosed up my Rhino, Back in the 60's i had the class record at 3 drag strips....Getting too old to crawl under things to look for that last 10th of a second ...

I want to keep my 17 stock, Please don't temp me....I promised with this one i'm not gonna monkey with it.......Maybe....:Shrug:

Had the other Nam vet not shown up with his trike for the labor day gtg at the dealership today while they were finishing the bumper swap, I probably never would have done it. The deal sealer was being able to take his trike for a short run at highway speeds. The m8 really begs to be massaged.

What I'm really hoping for is the 114 to become standard in a few. :D I would trade in a heartbeat. :eek:mg: ..........:laugh:

Had the other Nam vet not shown up with his trike for the labor day gtg at the dealership today while they were finishing the bumper swap, I probably never would have done it. The deal sealer was being able to take his trike for a short run at highway speeds. The m8 really begs to be massaged.

I know theres more in the M8 engine.....As of now i'm good 'I find that on local roads where i would do the speed limit with the Monkeyed with 103, Now i'll go way over without even realizing. Because it powers up and rides so smooth....Gotta make sure i keep my get out of jail card close .:D

I know theres more in the M8 engine.....As of now i'm good 'I find that on local roads where i would do the speed limit with the Monkeyed with 103, Now i'll go way over without even realizing. Because it powers up and rides so smooth....Gotta make sure i keep my get out of jail card close .:D

That is so true. I really wish the speedo was indexed better. It is a bitch to read.

Good luck Mikey, :clapping:

Zook moved to a diferent location since his last incident, so he is high and dry. Stated with power going on and off, he had puter issues. All and all he's doin fine.

Good times Mike! .... Congrats on the upgrade :clapping: now...what was that saying of yours, pictures or it didn't happen :laugh:

Good times Mike! .... Congrats on the upgrade :clapping: now...what was that saying of yours, pictures or it didn't happen :laugh:

+1 and big time congrats Mike. I had a feelin' that the M8's grunt would win you over given that you are a power junky. The IRS issue I am sure is still on the table and may come one day with a 114 engine in the frame. Now, lets see a picture of your new ride or it didn't happen. Bob

Congrats on the new ride, looks like you got a pretty good deal with taking all of your stuff off the other one for the new one

All for now Trampas

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png