Triglide Ultra 2018 made the conversion

Tom 3

Sep 18, 2017
LeClaire, IA USA
New to site! After 54 years of two wheels, traded my CVO Ultra and streetbob for 2018 Ultra classic trike! Ego took a beating, however, after back surgeries and foot surgeries, we are riding again. Encountered bike group at gas stop, they told me that perhaps someday I would learn how to ride a real bike!! Hmmm, I told them that after 54 years on 2 wheels and nearly a hundred thousand miles, I doubted that they really knew what riding was about, and walked on! Are bikers really that turned off with Trikes, I never gave it a second thought!

That aside, small minds, I am really enjoying learning, 300 miles so far, this really puts me back on the road! Any suggestions on riding appreciated!! Thank you!

Welcome from New Mexico. Just ride. Some people think that if it is not 2 wheels then it don't count. I Had 3 bikes, 07 ultra classic, 09 dyna street bob and a 02 dyna FXDX, in the garage and was not riding that much, age, health, Sweetie not riding with me. I sold the street bob and said I would keep the FXDX forever and hung on to the ulta for future dreams. Rode only to fulfill the obligations of the organization. I was selling the ultra, that was her dream bike, and the Sweetie said only if you go buy us a trike. Didn't take but one day to get that done. Bought a new 14 tri glide and sold the FXDX 6 months later.

I never looked back. Sweetie is ready to ride in a heartbeat. Funny thing is most of the people who said it is not a bike are always looking and asking questions and a few have asked to crawl in the seat.

Ride and it will get better every day. Follow DK Custom Products, site sponsor, and you can build that trike into what you want it to be.

Jim

Welcome!

I'll be 52 next month and have ridden motorcycles off and on since I was 11. I can still ride 2 wheels without any problem, but converted to a trike because I thought it would be fun to ride.

Well, the trike is fun to ride. I'm riding it because I like it and if someone doesn't like it, that is their problem.

Ride what you like and have fun.

Last weekend I had a bagger with a skinney bikette blow past me up a 1.5 mile hill, 2 lanes. It was part of a nice twisty mountain range . So i had to f**k with them. I passed them on the twisties and they stayed behind me. Then when on the flats i did the speed limit and they waved as they passed. There was no wave going up the hill from them ! It was a true trike surprise 😂 📞

98% of people that don't like trikes have never ridden one. Especially in the MOUNTAINS. Welcome glad you joined us. RIDE SAFE

Tom,

Congrats on the bike. I'm also very new to the forum. I just go the go ahead from my wife today to trike my 15' Road Glide. Looking forward to extending my riding season here in Southern Maryland.

I'm 62 and have been riding since I was 14 on 8 different motorcycles. I'm disappointed but not surprised about the comments you received. Riding is riding whether its 2 wheels or 3 wheels on ANY motorcycle!!!

I agree with you, small minds.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Seeya....

Welcome to Trike Talk

I ride a trike because I cant hold up 2 wheels any more

If any one said I am not a biker I would consider the source NAH, their just jealous

:welcome:

WELCOME to the site from Sturgis, S.D.

We went to 3 after two hip replacements and better half's knee repacements and have enjoyed the change.

Hope you have great riding and safe one.

Ken

New to site! After 54 years of two wheels, traded my CVO Ultra and streetbob for 2018 Ultra classic trike! Ego took a beating, however, after back surgeries and foot surgeries, we are riding again. Encountered bike group at gas stop, they told me that perhaps someday I would learn how to ride a real bike!! Hmmm, I told them that after 54 years on 2 wheels and nearly a hundred thousand miles, I doubted that they really knew what riding was about, and walked on! Are bikers really that turned off with Trikes, I never gave it a second thought!

That aside, small minds, I am really enjoying learning, 300 miles so far, this really puts me back on the road! Any suggestions on riding appreciated!! Thank you!

I will guarantee you that they hadn't been riding very long. I found this out when I started on a trike in 2011. The only people who gave me a hard time were people who hadn't been riding long enough to know better.

My wife has back and knee problems, she felt more comfortable on the Tri. so we traded the Ultra limited for a 16 TG. Riding together on 3 wheels has been great and better than not riding at all.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png