Hello from TN to Trike Talk and introducing my first trike

ultrafxr

1250+ Posts
Aug 21, 2017
Lakeland, TN
Hi from Lakeland, TN, (just outside Memphis). My wife and I have been riding for many years and have logged almost a half million miles on various two wheeled motorcycles. But a recent foot injury helped us decide that it is time to transition to three wheels. So here's my new ride - a 2018 Harley Tri-Glide in Twisted Cherry/Silver Fortune.

My left foot has been in a cast for nine weeks with no weight bearing. I just got an orthopedic walking boot last Friday. The doc said I should wear the boot when walking but I could take it off when sitting. Well sitting on a trike is sitting, right? I thought so and on Sunday I took it for a 100 mile shakedown ride. I really like this thing and know we'll be happy with the transition.

Hope to be able to attend some of the events I've read about here on the forum and I'm sure we will meet many nice folks.

Jerry aka 'ultrafxr'

J. Carolyn aka 'Harley Queen'

trike on trailer at BHD by , on Flickr

IMG_2876 by , on Flickr

DSCN4544 by , on Flickr

shakedown ride 9.17.17 by , on Flickr

Welcome you are doing just fine be careful of the leg and foot sometimes it pays not to push rehab. :facepalm: Good luck Fred

:welcome:from San Antonio, Texas.

Bring yourself, your wife and your two wheel friends to Kerrville, Texas to ride the hill country Oct. 5th through the 8th.

:welcome:from San Antonio, Texas.

Bring yourself, your wife and your two wheel friends to Kerrville, Texas to ride the hill country Oct. 5th through the 8th.

I saw that and I really would like to. Wanting to ride the Texas hill country for several years now. But I don't go back to the doc until Oct 11th and I promised I'd stay in this ortho boot. I am sneaking a couple hours here and there on the new trike but a major event like this i'm probably not ready for just yet. Maybe next year! Thanks for the invite.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png