Newbie just purchased 1996 Road Hawk

Aug 24, 2017
Greene, NY, USA
Hi To all, I'm a newbie to the forum. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so I apologize just in case. Not new to trikes though, have had V-8 trikes and Goldwings. I'm a T-10 Paralplegic, trouble with all the trikes I've had in the past was accessibility in getting on and off of them and bringing along my wheelchair. I recently purchased a 1996 Road Hawk that was built for a handicapped individual in 96, it has been through several owners since than and now I'm the new owner. It's got a lot of problems and needs repairs and I have been reading a lot of the posts here, there's been some great info I have found already. My biggest problem is with the wiring, I called Roadsmith and they have no paperwork for it and parts are far and few. Was hoping someone here may have some kind of wiring diagram that would be helpful. It has the 1835cc VW engine, auto trans. I've posted a pic of it. That's not me riding it but the person I bought it from. Any info or where I should post my questions on it or if anyone has something, would be greatly appreciated.

s-l1600b.jpg

welcome aboard Jim. I've not seen a wiring diagram for the roadhawk but it really is very basic. Any good indi mechanic should be able to straighten things out. I bet the wiring was screwed with when the mod was made anyway. Have fun with your new ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png