Headlight lens

sonny8l3

Hello, I,m thinking about changing my headlight. I've seen several on the computer with an amber lens. Anyone have any knowledge or experiance with them. I don't think I've ever seen an amber headlight on the road.

Thanks for your time,

I've only seen amber lens for road use on fog or running lights.....Might not be legal for headlight use....That said most people want the whitest brightest lights for headlights..

Amber at night on headlights would be like the lights of the old 6 volt system...:Shrug:

Speaking of 6v I have a black cafe stylish 1966 CEV (Italian HD/Aermacchi) 125 Rapido Headight assembly with a really cool old school looking Bullet style bucket and lens reminiscent of "War of the Worlds" Alien technology. Can a 6v headlight be hooked directly to a 12 v system ? (sorry for the thread jack ) MAKE AMERICAN TRIKE AGAIN !:Joker3::qpnmt::Coffee:

Speaking of 6v I have a black cafe stylish 1966 CEV (Italian HD/Aermacchi) 125 Rapido Headight assembly with a really cool old school looking Bullet style bucket and lens reminiscent of "War of the Worlds" Alien technology. Can a 6v headlight be hooked directly to a 12 v system ? (sorry for the thread jack ) MAKE AMERICAN TRIKE AGAIN !:Joker3::qpnmt::Coffee:

Rewired and with a 12volt bulb you can ....there are resistors you can put in line, But you'll go though a lot of 6v bulbs trying to get the right resistance ...

Went to Cycle Salvage in Redding Ca. and purchased a Vintage Gold Wing Headlight assembly (Simple , big and a shallow Chrome Bucket ) it takes H4 automotive bulb and was in perfect condition . It really enhances the look of my Trike and it came with the original circular combination side reflector/Bolts to attach to the fork ears . Will post pics next ...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png