16K service

Schedule

Someone said that I was due for 16K mile service on my RoadSmith trike. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what that intails.

Thanks in advance

I'm assuming you are asking about a GL1800/Roadsmith trike? Is so, here is the schedule for a GL1800. The Roadsmith conversion has it's own schedule. Do not have that ,at the moment.

If you just acquired the trike and do not know the service history, I suggest you look at the 24K, as it replaces/checks/adjusts just about everything except the spark plugs, which can be replaced also, for a complete service.

Either find a competent service technician or get the service manual and do it yourself.

Regards,

View attachment GL1800 Maintenance Schedule.pdf

I'm assuming you are asking about a GL1800/Roadsmith trike? Is so, here is the schedule for a GL1800. The Roadsmith conversion has it's own schedule. Do not have that ,at the moment.

If you just acquired the trike and do not know the service history, I suggest you look at the 24K, as it replaces/checks/adjusts just about everything except the spark plugs, which can be replaced also, for a complete service.

Either find a competent service technician or get the service manual and do it yourself.

Thank you very much, for sending this post - I just made a copy, and will follow this schedule to a "T"

Ronnie

Regards,

View attachment 49963

Thank you very much for sending this post... I just made a copy and will follow it to a "T"

Ronnie

Dennis,

See the post below by Jim at Roadsmith to another Roadsmith owner in the Roadsmith Forum HERE.

Your driveshaft has sealed U-joints on the driveshaft. There are no grease zerks to maintain. There is a fitting on the slip-joint (between the two halves of the driveshaft) that you can grease once a year.

As far as other maintenance? Visual inspection annually or before a trip will suffice. All pivot points contain urethane bushings (no maintenance required) and the driveshaft is as listed above.

Jim

I have a question here:

I just had my 2010 Goldwing converted to a Roadsmith this season...

I notice two grease zirks on my driveshaft, I have squirted a couple of shots of grease in there... BUT if there is no reason to worry about maintenance why are the zirks there??

As always' thank you,

Ronnie

I have a question here:

I just had my 2010 Goldwing converted to a Roadsmith this season...

I notice two grease zirks on my driveshaft, I have squirted a couple of shots of grease in there... BUT if there is no reason to worry about maintenance why are the zirks there??

As always' thank you,

Ronnie

Your shafts probably have slip yokes on them

That would explain the zerks

the slip yokes slide on splines so the axles can move when the bike rolls over bumps in the road

The grease will provide the lube for the splines

1350%20Slip%20Yoke.jpg

Here is a picture of a slip yoke ( note where the zerk is)

You are real close Jack. :clapping: The splined slip joint is there but it's sole purpose is to facilitate driveshaft installation and removal. Once in place and adjusted properly the Roadsmith slip joint is secured with a collar making it semi fixed. The Zert fitting does allow for greasing the splines without removing the drive shaft.

You are real close Jack. :clapping: The splined slip joint is there but it's sole purpose is to facilitate driveshaft installation and removal. Once in place and adjusted properly the Roadsmith slip joint is secured with a collar making it semi fixed. The Zert fitting does allow for greasing the splines without removing the drive shaft.

Thanks Jerry

This ole dog learned some thing new today;)

Thank you, as I just learned something myself.... Ok I just squirted a couple of shots of grease in the zirks, before putting her away for the winter season..

Cool beans!

thanks again,

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png