Finally pulled the trigger on 2016 Roadmaster, now for a trike kit

56chevy

Nov 22, 2015
Decatur
Finally pulled the trigger on 2016 Roadmaster, now for a trike kit

Think I have narrowed it down to either California Side Car or Hannigan. Have talked to Hannigan in Murray Ky. and to CSC dealer in Rome Ga. Would very much appreciate and input or thoughts on which kit. Thanks,

Think I have narrowed it down to either California Side Car or Hannigan. Have talked to Hannigan in Murray Ky. and to CSC dealer in Rome Ga. Would very much appreciate and input or thoughts on which kit. Thanks,

THOUGHTS!

I would also rather have ROADSMITH. All are QUALITY KITS. Installer makes a world of difference.

I don't know what a Hannigan is like but I have a CSC Arrow on my Roadmaster and we love it. Ride, handling, exhaust sound, looks factory, etc. I do agree that installer makes a big difference, get somebody experienced.

good luck!

Ed

Why do you think you want to go with Hannigan and are you doing the conversion yourself?

It’s a beautiful well made kit and if my wife and decide on it it will be done at the factory where they make them in Murray, Ky by their factory techs. That is where I got my quote from

Go with your gut. Which one gave you the best vibes? Does solid axle or independent enter into the mix?:Shrug: Unfortunately for me the choices aren't as great or clear.

The CSC has removable skirts allowing access to the rear tires. All other kits require body removal for changing the rear wheels. Just something to consider.

That might be a big one to consider. But is it difficult to remove it or does it have to be done very often? And why would it need to be removed? Tire change? Are the skirts removable on the Hannigan? Randy?????? I know you install them. Is this really a concern? All I have are questions unfortunately but I'm learning as YOU go.:Angel:

That might be a big one to consider. But is it difficult to remove it or does it have to be done very often? And why would it need to be removed? Tire change? Are the skirts removable on the Hannigan? Randy?????? I know you install them. Is this really a concern? All I have are questions unfortunately but I'm learning as YOU go.:Angel:

The skirts on the Hannigan Indian conversions were not removable and yes the body had to be removed to change a tire, but they have recently changed that and the rear fender skirts are removable now. CSC, Roadsmith nor Hannigan require body removal to change a tire on any of their conversions.

maybe a motortrike

but as everyone says its the dealer that makes the difference. and dont believe anything the salesmen say. They lie

IRS versus SA

I know that some think that IRS rides better than SA or that IRS handles better. IRS will let the trike lean out in a corner and this lean out, if pushed hard enough, will both increase steering effort as the front tire still leans out with the trike ... and increase the effort required of riders and especially co-riders to hang on. IRS might mean a better ride when applied to a 4 (or more) wheeled vehicle which may not always have all wheels in the same plane …

... but with a three wheeler, you are always riding a wheeled tripod with both IRS or SA and all three wheels will always be in the same plane. I've ridden both, there is no discernable difference in ride quality. When you see a group of pot holes, you still have three tracks under you to steer through them. When that left rear hits a pot hole at 55 mph, you won't feel a difference between IRS or SA.

but as everyone says its the dealer that makes the difference. and dont believe anything the salesmen say. They lie

Most sales people don’t lie they just tell customers what they want them to think they Heard ! This way later on if questioned About what they said then they can use plausible deniability😄.. if it isn’t in writing it was never said 😱..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png